Did you mean: 

I've been ADOPTED by NFCU

tag
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Re: I've been ADOPTED by NFCU

@ReachingMyGoals wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:
I got their 5k unsecured card with mid 500's scores. Dont remember what my util was but all I had at the time was a secured $700 FP card. I believe I was higher than 50% util at the time.

Does it matter how long you've been a member?

They've already HP'd for opening.  Just wonder if I should wait the 6 Mos minimum. 

I applied within a week of becoming a member and got a $6k Cash Rewards card. Scores were at/a tick below 600.

Keep in mind it's an additional HP, but it was worth it to me.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was my experience:

My scores were in the low 500 at the time!

Applied for membership: August 2013 (approved)

Applied for secured card: August 2013 (approved)

Applied for nrewards card: September 2013 (approved)

Applied for auto loan: October 2013 (approved)

Applied for LOC: November 2014 (approved)

Message 12 of 14
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This was my experience:

My scores were in the low 500 at the time!

Applied for membership: August 2013 (approved)

Applied for secured card: August 2013 (approved)

Applied for nrewards card: September 2013 (approved)

Applied for auto loan: October 2013 (approved)

Applied for LOC: November 2014 (approved)

Wondering what your scores & such were when they approved you for a car loan & what the APR was? Also who did they pull for your reports? You can PM me if you can supply me some details. I'm looking to get a car loan from them in the new future & wanting to get some info on them before I do it.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I'm pretty sure my scores were in the low 500 because it has never been over 600 since before 2013. My interest rate is really high due to it being my first car and I did have some bad stuff on my credit report when I applied for the car loan. If I'm not mistaken Navy does a triple pull and my apr is 16.39% but everyone that writes on this forum gets way better! I have some things on my credit I'm waiting to fall. Equifax just removed some things and one collections. I have 2 more left. Fighting a battle with MIdland. My lawyer is on it though!! Praise God. I signed my affidavit today so they are filing the motion as we speak. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.