cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been waiting two years for this??!!??!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've been waiting two years for this??!!??!!

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:
That over 40% and overall 30% is hurting you. Take it down to 10% and you may see a big jump.

Yeah, but I'd still think that having a completely clean report would make a score increase, not decrease.  One has nothing to do with the other in this scenario.

To say that one has nothing to do with the other is just not correct. The algorithm is extremely complex and virtually all parts of your profile are "interactive" with each other in many scenarios. You can't simply "isolate" a piece of your profile.

Message 11 of 14
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:
That over 40% and overall 30% is hurting you. Take it down to 10% and you may see a big jump.

Yeah, but I'd still think that having a completely clean report would make a score increase, not decrease.  One has nothing to do with the other in this scenario.

To say that one has nothing to do with the other is just not correct. The algorithm is extremely complex and virtually all parts of your profile are "interactive" with each other in many scenarios. You can't simply "isolate" a piece of your profile.

I forgot, common sense doesn't work with Fico Algorithm.  Removal of bad doesn't always = good.

Message 12 of 14
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone for all of your input.  Back to hibernation.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hokies2379 wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:

I forgot, common sense doesn't work with Fico Algorithm.  Removal of bad doesn't always = good.

Exactly - don't try to understand it, just learn what the "rules" are. This credit game is sort of like playing Kriegspiel.... only the other side gets to see the whole board.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.