cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've maxed out my dispute options I think. Here are the remaining negative items on my report..HELP!

tag
dcshoeco1
Established Member

I've maxed out my dispute options I think. Here are the remaining negative items on my report..HELP!

Here is my Background since 2011:

I filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in 2011 and dismissed it voluntarily before paying into it (Changed my mind). I have had two auto leases recently and have never been late since 2013.  I have owned two homes (never late payments) for 5 years through FHA Mortgages and sold them. I have 3 credit cards and 3 department store credit cards with average CL of 2k and have used them for 2+years and have never been late. Great job making over 200k a year and married.

I still cannot get a good interest rate or get approved for conventional loans due to these remaining items on my Credit Report. I have tried the conventional methods of Goodwill letters, Credit Bureau Challenges, Lexington Law....to no avail. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with dealing with these companies to shed some light if there is some way to dispute and get these items to fall off my credit report. Perhaps by unconventional means such as BBB complaint, Attorney General, Letter to VPS etc.

• Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - Opened December 2011 and Dismissed December 2011. Reporting only to Equifax and Experian I was able to dispute and win by reporting to Transunion inaccurate dates.
  • Verizon Wireless Collection Account - Claiming I owe $2500+ and I never paid them. I closed out my accounts with them last year and went over to Tmobile. I have been disputing them for months the balance is incorrect and just recently I opened a BBB Complaint against them. After two weeks they came back and said that $600+ of the balance is incorrect. I took the letter they sent me and sent to all the CB a few days ago and I am hoping this removes from Collection but doubt it. Is there a way to remove this form my Credit Report? They have been paid off a few days ago and when I asked them a long time ago they wouldnt remove but would only update the CB Reports. 
  • Ditech - Claiming I have been late 30 days twice for my mortgage payment. I have a letter from them proving I was not late but when I submit online to dispute it doesn't seem to work. I just recently mailed them a hard copy certified letter of proof to all credit bureaus but just in case this does not work are there any other means?
  • Nelnet - Claiming I was 90 days late....but actually, I was on a Forbearance at the time. Disputing with TU, EX, EQ does nothing but come back verified. Account last update in 2014.
  • Santander - Only reporting to Experian for "Account paid in full for less than balance
  • FCO - Paid in full for less than the balance. Rental collection I had no idea about.

Any ideas on how to challenge these remaining items and forward please let me know.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've maxed out my dispute options I think. Here are the remaining negative items on my report..H

Can't answer all of this, I'll let someone with more experience chime in.

Just my .02...if I had a letter proving that I was not late on the mortgage, I would be sending a written dispute along with a copy of this letter to all 3 CRA.  CMRRR!

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've maxed out my dispute options I think. Here are the remaining negative items on my report..H

Disputing online or via phone is lazy and irresponsible as it allows the bureaus more time to investigate and forces you into a basic form.

I only dispute via CMRRR and over 20 years of written disputes I’ve only had one bureau reject one dispute.

I never did it the lazy way and by having a paper trail I can legally challenge them in court if necessary.

Stop doing it the lazy way.
Message 3 of 4
dcshoeco1
Established Member

ABCD2199

I just tried that way CMRRR last week with the proof I have last week. I will let you know what becomes of Verizon and Ditech.

Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.