cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've tried everything I know to get late pays deleted on student loans---whats next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried everything I know to get late pays deleted on student loans---whats next?

Long story short I though I was still in deferment, but when I ran my credit report in may I saw that I was showing 180 past due days on my student loans. 

I immediately called and asked for help and paid a payment. 

They brought me current, so I'm no longter showing past due, but I still have the late pays. 

I need these to be deleted on order to get a home loan in a few months. 

I have cleaned everthing else off my credit and have good score, but I'm being told that with a bk 2 years ago and these late pays in last 12 months I

will not get a loan. 

I have written several letters to the ceo, I've called, begged, etc ,etc but they will not delete. 

Can anyone please help me??

any ideas?

I will try anything.

Thank you 

Shane 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've tried everything I know to get late pays deleted on student loans---whats next?

Unless you have a good reason for being late with documents to back up your story all you can do is to continue to ask GW.  Who are your loans through? 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've tried everything I know to get late pays deleted on student loans---whats next?

I following this thread. I have student loans that are showing up past due from when they were with other loan servicers. I would like to know what to do also to get them to remove those past dues.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of similar Issue with various creditors, continue your diligence!

All it takes is that one right person to help in removing the lates. Or Til they get annoyed and just do it lol. But your only option is to continue what you're doing, and hope for the best.

Maybe try sending GW letters to other board members? The more exposure, the more likely you'll find someone to assist.

Message 4 of 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Is this a private loan or a government backed loan?  Have you sought help on the Student Loan Forum here?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

the loans are through fedloan servicing.  I sent out two more letters to other board members yesterday. I have called numerous times, and find it funny that the vp put a note in ALL CAPS on my account to not remove late pays-- LOL--- I guess they get my message and maybe I made him mad... I sent him a bnox of brownies and a nice card to thank him anyway.----- 

Message 6 of 8
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I found the Ombudsman to be very helpful.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Long story short I though I was still in deferment, but when I ran my credit report in may I saw that I was showing 180 past due days on my student loans. 

I immediately called and asked for help and paid a payment. 

They brought me current, so I'm no longter showing past due, but I still have the late pays. 

I need these to be deleted on order to get a home loan in a few months. 

I have cleaned everthing else off my credit and have good score, but I'm being told that with a bk 2 years ago and these late pays in last 12 months I

will not get a loan. 

I have written several letters to the ceo, I've called, begged, etc ,etc but they will not delete. 

Can anyone please help me??

any ideas?

I will try anything.

Thank you 

Shane 

some (perhaps all) student loan servicers have a borrower/customer advocate department,, they're usually a bit more helpful to borrowers,, I would try to contact the advocate and see what they say.

Best of luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.