Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wan to cry- just received new 'judgement' today =(

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

I wan to cry- just received new 'judgement' today =(

I am currently working my buns off fighting two judgements to get them removed and/or paid.

I just got the mail and had the following letter:

Stillman Law Office

Dear Bruiseviolet, 

This matter has been referred to this office for immediate action.

We will assume this debt to be valid unless you dispute the validity of all or any part of it within thirty (30) days after receipt of this letter.  If you notify us in writing that you dispoute all or a portion of the debt, we will obtain and send you verification of the debt or a copy of the judgement against you.  Upon written request within thirty (30) days after receipt of this notice, we will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the creditor named above.  This letter is an attempt by a debt collector to collect a debtm and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

In the event that you do not dispute the validity of the amount owing, we will expect to receive payment in full.

Very Truly Yours, 

Stillman Law Office

It says at the top:  RE:  Our Client:  Lvnv Funding LLC.  and Amount:  $1,XXX.XX

First of all, I have never ever received ANY collection letters from LVNV.  It doesn't list the original creditor- so I have NO clue what it could possibly be for.  NOTHING on my credit reports for past year shows any debt matching this amount, nor does it show anything reported from LVNV.  I was also at the court today looking up my other two judgements- and can tell you there are NO judgements from LVNV in my name.

--------------------------

Do I just reply to them with a dispute letter?  We are trying to get a mortgage and I have been working so hard for MONTHS to get credit cleaned up.  I cannot handle another judgement =(

-------

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: I wan to cry- just received new 'judgement' today =(

That is a notorious JDB. They buy questionable debts for a couple cents on the dollar and then try many sleazy tactics to get some money out of it. They are notorious for just adding it to your report and letting you struggle to resolve it. I think the idea is that by the time you finally get it figured out you are desperate to be rid of it and will gladly pay just to be rid of them.

It could be something to do with the others or something else, even something that fell of your reports long ago and is not collectable.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.