cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to send a special thank you to ABCD...

tag
Acc-Risk
Contributor

I want to send a special thank you to ABCD...

In 2012 I was in a good spot rebuilding and fell into a layoff, burned my credit cards and am back in the saddle rebuilding again. have 3 bad accounts falling off in the next year, 2 30 days that are aging close to 2 years old with one promised to drop. Good collection of prime and subprime. Thought I was in a pretty good spot in the low 600's and moving slowly. 

Then going through threads, I keep seeing the same name, (ABCD of course,) and picked up little tips that are helping a ton. One thing I was doing wrong was calculating utilization overall. I had 2 cards close to 90% and the rest at zero. Caught a note he mentioned to someone else that those 90% would count as derogatory. So today, I was finally able to pay everything off, left my good card at $30 and brought my utilization down to 2%. Blasted out goodwills to remove my 30day and set myself to hardcore garden status. My average age is a year, 6 months. 

Anyway, this guy goes through a lot of trouble to answer nearly every post with insightful information, and I wanted to thank him, and the FICO forums overall for all their helpful posts. It really does help when one is incredibly serious about improving their situation. I hopefully won't make any more mistakes moving forward and we'll see how things look in a month or two. Going from mid 500's to mid 600's is a real moral booster.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: I want to send a special thank you to ABCD...

Great post!  ABCD does offer some great advice.  I’ve learned a lot from him as well.

Congrats on you upward movement!  Keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 12
radfam
Frequent Contributor

+1, thankful we have him around to give some good insights! Keep up the great work, ABCD.
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a few weeks into my relationship with myFico Forums.

I, too, think the world of the advie from everyone here.  ABCD is always on top and always just a few minutes away from a response, too.

I'm rebuilding, so that's where I spend most of my forum-minutes.  For some reason, I was on a forum talking about the MyFICO Fico Scores/Reports.  And....there he was.  This guy is all over the place.

Thanks for your service, ABCD!!

Message 4 of 12
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

ABCD?  who?  Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue

I still think of him as THX1138 in my mind because he is both awesome and strangely befitting in many ways to that character.

Nice post Acc-Risk. Acknowledgement of others says much for you as well. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey friend, no thanks needed! I just like seeing folks get responsible once they acknowledge what is needed to get there. The world is a better place to me when we each get there, myself included.

Plus my knowledge came from all of you, so just thank yourselves for taking the time to share your data points!
Message 6 of 12
Acc-Risk
Contributor

You're a good man, again,  I see your name in every thread, even those that some would consider redundant. I get tips from everyone but yours helped me the most, mostly mistakes I'm making. Again thanks. Here's to 700!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

700? 800 or I'll find you and yell!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ABCD is the best!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

plus 1for ABCD 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.