cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was alerted that my score went up 17 pts!

tag
Simpleton
New Contributor

I was alerted that my score went up 17 pts!

The only change reported was a balance increase on my credit card which brought it close to it's limit, That's confusing.  I assumed it would go down. My credit repairing has been on hold since April when I had an accident that resulted in a very broken ankle. I'm the proud owner of a plate and 10 screws in my ankle. Smiley Sad

I'm finally off of disability and back to work. and now the medical bills are rolling in. *sigh*   I'll be working really hard at bringing that CC down to 10% too.   I'm getting divorced and am going to need to buy a home sometime.

It's been a great year so far... I think I'll work on my collection that never came off like they told me it would.  I think I'm going to leave my 3yr old lates alone. 

Do you think I would see another increase if I got my CC down to 10-20%?

TU 652  EQ 617

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I was alerted that my score went up 17 pts!

Sorry about the boo-boo!!!  But glad you're back on your feet! (pun intended!)  Smiley Wink

About bringing you % down to 10 or 20...yes!  You will see score increases!  I'm chipping away at mine & in the last few months went from 98% (how embarassing!) to 59%.  TU went from 663 (forever!!) to 697!  EQ went from 654 to 679 (they are SO stingy with points!) and EX in Jan was  642 & when I had a LO pull in late April it was 671 (the highest of the 3).

Paying down pays off!!!  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Simpleton
New Contributor

Re: I was alerted that my score went up 17 pts!

Wow, That's awesome that your scores went up so much!  I wonder:

TU reports my Util at 0%.  They don't have the card that I have run up.  would it benefit my TU score if I took it up to 7% on a card that reports to them? 

hey, keep up the good work!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.