cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was an idiot at one point, On the road to Good Credit.

tag
TravisG

I was an idiot at one point, On the road to Good Credit.

So, The day i turned 18 BoA asked if i would like a credit card. With zero credit, and zero knowledge of credit i got one. Long story short, I maxed that baby out ($900) and never payed a single dime. I Know, most of you will laugh but im trying to fix everything. This was back in 2007

Right now i have a credit score accross the board of 564, Well I have been on here for the past month and decited my first step would be to open a Cap One Secured card. I just receved it today along with a FP Secured card. Anyone have any good advice becides paying everything off on time? I would love to graduate to a regular card within 6 months. 

Starting Score: EX 569 EQ 555 TU 555 4/27/11
Current Score: N/A
Goal Score:680 Across The Board!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: I was an idiot at one point, On the road to Good Credit.

Immediately close the FP and go with another lender. They are known for Edited to remove a poor attempt at humor, Please try to understand this was a very poor choice of words. If you search you will horror stories about them. Good Luck. I am still doing dumb things at times and I wish I were in my early 20's..

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@TravisG wrote:

So, The day i turned 18 BoA asked if i would like a credit card. With zero credit, and zero knowledge of credit i got one. Long story short, I maxed that baby out ($900) and never payed a single dime. I Know, most of you will laugh but im trying to fix everything. This was back in 2007

Right now i have a credit score accross the board of 564, Well I have been on here for the past month and decited my first step would be to open a Cap One Secured card. I just receved it today along with a FP Secured card. Anyone have any good advice becides paying everything off on time? I would love to graduate to a regular card within 6 months. 

Just keep paying and let them age. It does take time. Is the BofA still reporting? Do you have any other baddies reporting?

Message 3 of 5
TravisG

Nope, the BoA Account just says "Closed" On my report. Im not sure if i should just let it sit there and let me good credit build on top of that, maybe it will go away in 1-2 years or if i should fork out the $1,000 I owe them. 

Starting Score: EX 569 EQ 555 TU 555 4/27/11
Current Score: N/A
Goal Score:680 Across The Board!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

At Marine Vet....really? You have said some things that I found just harsh but I forget....nevermind. I dont wnat to lose my priv. Yes Sir.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.