Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was misled

tag
MsMiami
Valued Member

I was misled

According to Credit Card dot com, I may get approved for all C1 cards, I applied to only get denied! UGH.... what a waste of inquiry.

I am still in the "rebuilding stage"..... I guess I'll try again in a few months..... Smiley Sad

..............................................................................................................................
Credit score: 01/2016 TU 669
Fingerhut (2,200) | Express (2,650) | Cap1 Secured (200) | Credit1 (1,000) | | Quicksilver (600) | JCP (3,500) | VS (2,350) | Jared (3,000) | Walmart (4,000) | Bloomingdales (600) | Nordstrom (2,000) | Old Navy (4,000) | nRewards (5,000) | Barclay (1,500) |
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Bleu
Contributor

Re: I was misled

Think you should just pay everything off on your report. Pay for delete and good will as much as you can , THEN apply. Go get a secured card for about 500.00 and work from there. As long as you dont owe wells fargo any money you will be accepted for a secured card. Start there.

Message 2 of 8
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

correct. you should start with a secured card while you are rebuilding.
Samsung mobile
Message 3 of 8
Startome
Regular Contributor

If you want to avoid paying an annual fee for a secured card, look at the Harley Davidson Secured Visa =)

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 4 of 8
starry1
Valued Contributor

@MsMiami wrote:

According to Credit Card dot com, I may get approved for all C1 cards, I applied to only get denied! UGH.... what a waste of inquiry.

I am still in the "rebuilding stage"..... I guess I'll try again in a few months..... Smiley Sad

The prequalifer on Capital One's own website is the most accurate.  Sorry you had to find out the hard way.  

In my opinion, just from posts I've read on approvals and denials, the credit crads dot com site isn't very accurate for the rebuilding stage.  I think its much more useful for those with good to excellent credit.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 8
seruby
Frequent Contributor

I agree with the C1 Secured Card.  It seems like every other line on my CR is a chargeoff and I got one.   In April, they gave me a $200 CL with a $49 deposit, and last month they increased the CLI to $300.   Your deposit will either be $49, $99, or $200. 

Plus, you get a free CreditInform account, which gives you a monthly credit report. I didn't sign up for this til last month though so Ive only got 1 report thus far.  I think this report is from Experian.   Also, sign up for CreditKarma (which pulls TU), mainly so you can see the day C1 reports compared to the due date.  The reporting day is usually the same as the statement day, but may vary.  Mine is 3 days a part - due the 18th, report and statement are the 21st.  Make sure your previous statement balance is paid by the due date so you don't get charged interest, then pay a portion of the current balance, but not all of it, at least 2 days before the reporting day, so a low balance reports.  I personally try to keep my balance at $5 or under - 2% utilization at reporting time - but 10% or under should suffice just as well.   Don't spend anything until CK shows you the new balance has been reported, just in case C1 reports late: It may take a few days for CK to update..

Message 6 of 8
FixingMyCreditASAP
Established Member

I've had the Harley Visa for a few 7 months now. It's been a good card that also helped get me a unsecured Walmart and Barclays card. The only bad thing, which doesn't matter is that it reports as a secured card.

4/13 Scores - EQ 521 - TU 541 - EX-592
2/2015 Scores EQ 677 TU 650
Current Cards - Chase Freedom 3.5K / 4K Barclays reward /American Express 500 / DiscoverIT 1500 / QuickSilver / 1.3K Walmart / Auto Loan of 24k really helped my scores
Message 7 of 8
Startome
Regular Contributor

@FixingMyCreditASAP wrote:

I've had the Harley Visa for a few 7 months now. It's been a good card that also helped get me a unsecured Walmart and Barclays card. The only bad thing, which doesn't matter is that it reports as a secured card.

That is true ^^

Thankfully between this and my fifth third, I don't have a score yet but it got me the basic unsecured Cap1 offer in the mail (supposedly this only happened after i did the online prequalifier).

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.