Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was not informed payments were late

tag
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

Re: I was not informed payments were late

bill pay can respond t o them by letting them know you did indeed have bill pay and they where to blame

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 11 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jayrock24 wrote:

bill pay can respond t o them by letting them know you did indeed have bill pay and they where to blame

Sorry, but I think it was already established that the OP was not aware/paid attention to the weekend/holiday WF Bill Pay service payment situation with how he managed those payments.

So, if the OP did not schedule/sent the payments in advance (as other have commented previously) how can the WF Bill Pay service be blamed for this?  Blaming others for something that an individual should be accountable for hardly solves the issue.  Let alone Macy's who had worked with the OP to set up a manageable payment plan to decrease his CC balance by witholding the interest if paid as agreeed.

Message 12 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had over $5000 of debt towards my Macys Visa card. I had trouble making payments, so they put me on a special plan. If I did not miss or make late payments I would not get any interest. I have been making $87 payments every month for years now. I am under $1000 and have recently been receiving calls from them claiming my payments are either late, or my payments are not being received. I have not changed the way I have been making these payments in 2 years. I called my bank and they said that for two years the payments I sent were being cashed, I have not missed a payment, but the payments were late sometimes. I was not aware of this, and Macys Visa never informed me. I was using Bill Pay thru Wellsfargo, and did not understand that payments could be late because of weekends and holidays. Is it legal, after 2 years, for Macys Visa to go after me for late payments?

OP, I don't think it's a bill-pay issue. If you're 1-2-3-4-5 days late because of bill pay, they won't mark you 30-days late on your CR.

I think the lates had to do with your payment plan. Most creditors will mark you late every month despite paying on time while on a payment plan. This happens very frequently with those who defer payments while on a deferral plan with a mortgage or car loan, for example. The reason the lates report is because you are paying less than the original contract amount when you signed the CC-agreement, despite paying on time. This happens a lot with reduced payment plans. You'll also see some posters in here saying that after signing onto a debt management program.

IMO, it's legal. However, you can always send Goodwill letters to macys to see if they'll remove those lates for you. Make sure you are off their payment plan first though.

Message 13 of 17
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

with all do respect i only commented based off of what they posted by them sayn that they had bill pay set up all else is not a fact but only a comment as to what i read from the poster i have 100% paymant history so please dont correct or try to belittle me for voicing my opinion thanks no disrespect intended ....fin star

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 14 of 17
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

great answer llecs im not familiar with bill pay i was just tryn to help based off what the original post stated but your answer is on point

Message 15 of 17
tmobileguy
New Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had over $5000 of debt towards my Macys Visa card. I had trouble making payments, so they put me on a special plan. If I did not miss or make late payments I would not get any interest. I have been making $87 payments every month for years now. I am under $1000 and have recently been receiving calls from them claiming my payments are either late, or my payments are not being received. I have not changed the way I have been making these payments in 2 years. I called my bank and they said that for two years the payments I sent were being cashed, I have not missed a payment, but the payments were late sometimes. I was not aware of this, and Macys Visa never informed me. I was using Bill Pay thru Wellsfargo, and did not understand that payments could be late because of weekends and holidays. Is it legal, after 2 years, for Macys Visa to go after me for late payments?

OP, I don't think it's a bill-pay issue. If you're 1-2-3-4-5 days late because of bill pay, they won't mark you 30-days late on your CR.

I think the lates had to do with your payment plan. Most creditors will mark you late every month despite paying on time while on a payment plan. This happens very frequently with those who defer payments while on a deferral plan with a mortgage or car loan, for example. The reason the lates report is because you are paying less than the original contract amount when you signed the CC-agreement, despite paying on time. This happens a lot with reduced payment plans. You'll also see some posters in here saying that after signing onto a debt management program.

IMO, it's legal. However, you can always send Goodwill letters to macys to see if they'll remove those lates for you. Make sure you are off their payment plan first though.

No offense IIecs, but what you are saying is almost guarenteed incorrect for the following reasons....

I would find that very hard to believe that this is legal...any new agreement would (by contractual obligation) would supercede any previous agreement and thus would be the basis for determining amounts, time periods, and late payments....

if that were the case then everytime you refinanced they could mark you as late if your new refinance included a lower payment, because the old one still required a higher payment....clearly that is not the case though and would not be the case here....

Any new agreement would null and void any previous agreement and the terms of the new agreement would be the governing requirements between the 2 parties...that is just basic contract law....

I think its because the bill pay payments didnt reach the lender in time...thats why i typically only use billpays for electronic payments of utilities and cable because they are fast...otherwise I set up a drafting or automatic payment from the actual company themselves, that way if it messes up, its their fault all the way around the board and nobody elses....

Also, nowhere in the OP's posts did he ever say that the creditor marked him 30 days late on his credit report.....

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Without commenting on who is correct, as a third party needs to make that determination, have you filed a formal dispute with them under the Fair Credit Billing Act?

That process has definitions of billing and paying requirements, due dates, compulsory discovery rights, and temp suspension of dispute amounts until resolved.

I would exhaust the FCBA dispute mechanism by presenting your case through that process.  It will give a lot more info should you need to move forward with litigation.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.