Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went from bad to horrible..

tag
robbyrob
New Visitor

I went from bad to horrible..

First I have to thank all the contributors on this forum as I have learned soo much from reading massive information on these forums. Recently I applied for a Chase Freedom card. Got the we need more time etc message and celled the back door number the next day. I was told I was declined due to the fact I hard 6 late payments on my Student Loan from 2010, I have 2 loans 3 lates on each. I explained that I was in deferment on those dates and she said I would have to fix it on my credit report before they could approve me. I ordered credit report and disputed the lates.

MAN OH MAN!!

I received the dispute today as complete and when I checked it I almost fainted. No really I had to take a Xanax. They updated my credit report alright. They now put me 48 late payments. Yes, 48 late payments. 2 loans 24 late payments on each which were for the 2 years my loan was in deferment and forbearance.  

I kind of regret disputing because I pretty much screwed myself. Went from 6 late payments from 2010 to 48 late payments from 2010 and 2011. I really am at a loss, I don't even know what would be my next step. Im leaning on trying to contact the company directly. If I get no resolution that way I have read on here people emailing CEOs and getting some success on removing lates with the student loans. My loans are with Kentucky Higher Education Student Loan Corporation, also known as The Student Loan People. Anyone have any success removing lates with these guys? Anyone have some tips or steps I should take? My loans are currently paid as agree with $0 past due.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: I went from bad to horrible..

Did you dispute with the creditor directly, or through the CRA?

Message 2 of 4
robbyrob
New Visitor

I disputed it with the CRA. The dispute form stated that I can still dispute this information again but I am wondering if I should contact the Student Loan people directly?

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would contact the SL people directly.  You don't want to dispute too many times because they can say it is frivolous.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.