Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish I had good credit because...

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Aside from just having it, because it's good to have, what are you most looking forward to having good credit for?

Personally for me, it's to be able to get an airline rewards card (United/Star Alliance). Chase used to have a debit card but they did away with it, we used to talk all of our trips using the points (lots of business expenses) and it's been such a bummer without it, we'd have at least a two free roundtrip tickets to Europe every two years, plus a domestic ticket yearly.

Can't wait until I'm able to apply and get approved for one, they seem to be pretty hard to get though. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: I wish I had good credit because...

I need a new car and don't want a killer interest rate

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 9
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:

Aside from just having it, because it's good to have, what are you most looking forward to having good credit for?

Personally for me, it's to be able to get an airline rewards card (United/Star Alliance). Chase used to have a debit card but they did away with it, we used to talk all of our trips using the points (lots of business expenses) and it's been such a bummer without it, we'd have at least a two free roundtrip tickets to Europe every two years, plus a domestic ticket yearly.

Can't wait until I'm able to apply and get approved for one, they seem to be pretty hard to get though. Smiley Sad

FYI Bank of America has a rewards DEBIT card with Alaska Airlines, and you can use the miles to codeshare with other airlines :-)

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 9
awdsmama
Established Contributor

I'd like to buy a house someday and be ready when I find the one I want...not have to hurry and do damage control at that point.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 4 of 9
maluba
Regular Contributor

We want to take out a mortgage this year so our boys can have space to run around and play. And so my husband can get a job that matches his skill set because his industry takes credit reports seriously (not sure if they can legal do that, but whatever).

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
marshallmann
Established Member

Peace of mind that if something happens that I can take care of it, oh and no more bad phone calls.LOL

Starting Score: 598
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+10000000000000000000

Message 7 of 9
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

I wish I had good credit so I can buy a house and know that I can get any credit card I want when I apply. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It means I've gained some financial stablilty.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.