Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC System - GRRRR!!

tag
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

IC System - GRRRR!!

I started my rebuilding process back in March...when I discovered myfico.  I had already paid a handful of collections before I discoverd the boards, so I went the GW route.

I was able to get a couple of paid collections removed with GW letters (Account Recovery Service, Tri-State Adjustments, MiraMed Revenue Group). WOOT!

I have 2 remaining paid collections that I can't get to budge.  IC System and Americollect. 

When I paid IC System in February, the agent that I spoke with told me she'd put in a request to delete the tradeline from reporting.  My first mistake was not getting this in writing.  When that didn't happen by March, I foolishly disputed, thinking I had some ground with our verbal agreement.  IC System validated.  When I disputed, the status on my credit report read, "Accoutn Paid in Full; Was a Collection."  My Payment history was "KD" in January 2013, and "OK" in Feb 2013 when it was paid.   I have since sent 2 denied GW requests and one ignored GW request. 

I pulled my reports today and my Status with them now reads "Payment after Chargeoff / Collection"  and I'm now "KD" for Jan AND Feb 2013.  I additionally have the dispute notation on the TL. 

I could just spit nails at them right now!  Do I have any grounds for BBB claim here?.   The only documentation I really have is receipt that it was paid in full and the printed copies of my creit report in March and now in June showing the difference in my status before and after my dispute.

Your help is very much appreciated!

T

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
keyelove
New Contributor

Re: IC System - GRRRR!!

I've had experience with IC Systems. However, I did get it in writing but they would only fax it after paying the debt. I houded them for 3 days to send the fax to me. One of the things the rep advised when I made the payment is the recording was proof that the agreement was made. I would call back and speak with a supervisor to see if you can get it resolved. I'm not 100% about a BBB complaint but it might be worth a try after you've tried speaking with a supervisor. The tradeline hasn't dropped off yet, but they only report every Sunday. I expect to see it come off next week since this all happened this week.

Good Luck!

Starting Score Early 2013: TU - 556 & EF - 552 & EXP - 591
Current Score 10/09/14 (MyFico): TU - 666 & EF - 665 & EXP- 711
Goal Score: 730 Across all 3 bureaus
Message 2 of 3
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

Re: IC System - GRRRR!!

Congrats on your removal! 

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.