Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC System refused PFD...now what?

tag
need2improve
New Contributor

IC System refused PFD...now what?

Hey all!  Well as I continue my journey to recover my credit, next on my list was to tackle IC System, Inc.  I sent them a PFD letter for the full amount owing, and they refused! Yes I am shocked lol..."we do not instruct those agencies to delete account information once an account is paid.  We notify them when and if you have paid your account and the date payment was recieved".  What do I do now? I really want them to remove it obviously.  Should I send another PFD letter, or just pay it and let sit on my report as paid? :=(

Starting Score: 486 TU 3/2/10
Current Score: TU 603 EQ 582
Goal Score: 640

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IC System refused PFD...now what?

It really is your call, however I have responded to "we do not instruct those agencies to delete account information once an account is paid.  We notify them when and if you have paid your account and the date payment was recieved" letters with a 'I don't pay CA's unless they delete their reporting from the CRA's".

Honestly, it is counterproductive for a CA to be steadfast in their refusal to delete.   If I'm offered a delete, I pay.  If they refuse, I don't.

Message 2 of 4
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Has  the SOL expired??  If  SOL has expired, that gives you more leverage when PFDing.  I

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It may appear counterproductive for a CA not to accept a PFD offer.  However, it is against their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs to delete prior, accurate credit reporting based on subsequent payment of the debt. 

The CRAs mutually established  this instruction in order to preserve the integrity of the credit reporting and scoring system.  A CA can, of course, always ignore their reporting agreement with the CRA, and do a PFD.  It is not illegal, and some witll and some wont.

I would also offer some caution in just pursuing renewed PFDs, and not paying unless they accept.  They can treat PFD offers in several ways.  They can throw it in the trashcan, and never even respond.  They can just renew their statement of refusal.  Or they can bring legal action..  If you want to continue PFD offers, it is advisable that you clearly know your state SOL.  PFD offers are not without peril.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.