Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC Systems AT&T Collection - help !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IC Systems AT&T Collection - help !

So long story short, ATT canceled my account last year due to suspected fraud (because I opened two lines and only used one! Ridiculous), then sold my balance of $999 to a CA because I refused to pay their early termination fees, seeing as I never wanted the account canceled to begin with. After months of trying to work with them, IC SYSTEMS bought the account and posted it to my credit reports as COLLECTION!

This occurred in July. I immediately disputed this account due to balance incorrect and it was removed from all three bureaus the next day. Score never changed when added or removed, oddly. Not up or down!

Now my issue is this. IC SYSTEMS said my dispute caused ATT to withdrawal the account out of their office and yet ATT says the account was sold to IC. I'm so lost. I called IC SYSTEMS today and they still say they no longer have it, but can "re activate it if I'm looking to settle. I said no, I'm still disputing the account and don't admit it's even mine at this point and hung up. I'm afraid this will show back up on my credit, although it's been nearly 3 months.

So do I pay IC SYSTEMS just to get this over with and avoid it hitting my credit again ? Pay ATT directly ? Let it go ? My credit is on a great rebuilding process -- scores up to 620 ranges from 490 in 11/14. I don't want to ruin this. Please any advice on what to do would be appreciated. I want this behind me and far away from my credit ! Thanks all.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IC Systems AT&T Collection - help !

@Anonymous wrote:
So long story short, ATT canceled my account last year due to suspected fraud (because I opened two lines and only used one! Ridiculous), then sold my balance of $999 to a CA because I refused to pay their early termination fees, seeing as I never wanted the account canceled to begin with. After months of trying to work with them, IC SYSTEMS bought the account and posted it to my credit reports as COLLECTION!

This occurred in July. I immediately disputed this account due to balance incorrect and it was removed from all three bureaus the next day. Score never changed when added or removed, oddly. Not up or down!

Now my issue is this. IC SYSTEMS said my dispute caused ATT to withdrawal the account out of their office and yet ATT says the account was sold to IC. I'm so lost. I called IC SYSTEMS today and they still say they no longer have it, but can "re activate it if I'm looking to settle. I said no, I'm still disputing the account and don't admit it's even mine at this point and hung up. I'm afraid this will show back up on my credit, although it's been nearly 3 months.

So do I pay IC SYSTEMS just to get this over with and avoid it hitting my credit again ? Pay ATT directly ? Let it go ? My credit is on a great rebuilding process -- scores up to 620 ranges from 490 in 11/14. I don't want to ruin this. Please any advice on what to do would be appreciated. I want this behind me and far away from my credit ! Thanks all.

ATT did not sell it, they assigned it. Sold accounts cannot be "withdrawn" by the OC, only assigned accounts. I would try to settle driectly with ATT, and if they won't settle, send them an ITS for breach of contract. You did nothing illegal and yet they closed the account for suspected fraud then charged an early termination fee? Total BS.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly is an ITS? How would I go about such ? Yes ATT is known for this -- did it to my neighbor as well. Horrible company !!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What exactly is an ITS? How would I go about such ? Yes ATT is known for this -- did it to my neighbor as well. Horrible company !!

Intent To Sue. It basically notifies them that you consider them to have breached their contract with you, and if they do not either drop their collection, or re-instate the account, you will pursue legal action against them.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok. Got it. What are the odds of this popping back on my reports from IC SYSTEM? ATT Collections has Assured me they do not report these types of accounts but that the CA often does to which they assign (IC did but my dispute somehow removed it within a day!)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh ok. Got it. What are the odds of this popping back on my reports from IC SYSTEM? ATT Collections has Assured me they do not report these types of accounts but that the CA often does to which they assign (IC did but my dispute somehow removed it within a day!)

They are likely to move it to a new collector. ATT has a number of collection agencies they use.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can still deal with IC system do it. They are easy to get a PFD with if they put it on your reports. They will remove it quickly without too much of a fight if you PIF
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.