Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC systems and Credit Management Success

tag
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

IC systems and Credit Management Success

For those who want to know:

I had a "4 " yr old collection with Credit Management (Comcast).  Typical of Comcast, they claimed that I had a balance due when I did not and sent it to collections.  I ignored it until past SOL.  I had Comcast Internet service, which I cancelled for AT&T.  I called AT&T who confirmed that I opened my account in August 2010.  I finally got around to calling Comcast today and the woman confirmed that my last payment was in September 2010 (sounds like a final bill to me!).  Their automated system says "balance is $0".  The records were so old that they couldn't pull up what I owed them for so they "opened a ticket" to get those records.  In the meantime, I called Credit Management.  I spoke with the supervisor an explained that I didn't owe Comcast, but that was besides the point.  I explained that I had disputed their listing on the 3 bureaus multiple times and each time it came back verified.  I further pointed out that they verified a DOFD of 9/2011 each time.  That since Comcast's last payment was a year before, their verification amounted to willful non-compliance.  He cheerfully agreed to delete the TL!

I then, based on information I read here, called IC Systems explaining my dispute with their OC (CareSpot - an urgent care clinic).  The woman was empathetic.  I said that I have a win-win for us....that I would simply pay the $51.50 if they would delete it from my CRs.  She agreed, sent a letter confirming this and said that they update every Monday, so it should be gone shortly.

I have only AMCOL left!  I am looking forward to being collection free again!  YEA!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: IC systems and Credit Management Success

Congratulations on your success, way to take the fight to them! Smiley Wink

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 2 of 4
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

In my experience, AMCOL were very easy to work with. If you can't PIF they will accept a payment plan. If you want the collection deleted, you have to pay at least $100 mo. Was told if paying by CC deletion could take 90 days. Mine was gone with a week after payoff.

Message 3 of 4
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that info.  The AMCOL is only $95.  I have no problem with PIF, I just want deletion.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.