Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICSystems thanks to my dermatologist

tag
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

ICSystems thanks to my dermatologist

Kind of a long story so I'll try to keep it basic.

Was seeing a dermatologist for a few months. While seeing him, a spot on my skin progressively got worse, so I was going every 3 weeks(from July through January). He was reporting to his medical billing dept. a code that wasn't covered by my insurance - so every visit it would bounce back - I would call in and ask about it and she would say "don't worry about it", she would then bill it in differently, and it would go through as covered.

The last time I went to see him, he billed it the same way again, and when I received notice from the dr. office that I had an outstanding balance, I called up per usual, and this time she refused to correct it. I told her they were using the wrong diagnosis code - had spoken to my insurance company, explained the situation and they are investigating and she basically said "sorry, the dr. said it was the correct diagnosis" and refused to hear anything else I had to say. Needless to say, but worth mentioning, started seeing a new dr. and the issue cleared up after 2 weeks. Turns out the other dr. had no idea what he was doing.

In the meantime, the girl in the billing dept apparantly didn't want to deal with me anymore and sent my bill off to collections, without informing me. ICS starts calling my cell, my parents house, 4-5 times a day. They do not state who they are calling for. They simply ask who they are speaking with and will not progress with the call if you do not tell them. Neither myself nor my parents were interested in playing along, so we always hung up. About a month later I get a letter from ICS stating that my bill has been turned to collections.

I called in and spoke to a rep and she stated that if I submit a letter stating that this charge is still in dispute they would send correspondence stating that my bill is pending. I do. Heard nothing for about a month, and then I get another letter demanding payment. At this point, i'm so sick of the situation, I was just going to pay the measly $70 and be done with it.

Well, ICS won't take my payment. I went online and put in my CC info and got a kickback telling me to call. I call, go through the automated system, put in my CC info and it hangs up on me. Sigh. I call again and route through to a human and while talking to her, she states that they will only accept check payment from me. She states that their system says that my credit card is over limit - ummm, I have several thousand available on this card so I know she's full of it. Finally, I'm so frustrated with her that I tell her forget it. I'll never pay. It can sit there and rot on my credit report. I have a 750 credit score - never had a late payment on anything in my life. I just bought my first house in April. I really don't care if this debt sits there, but I don't feel that it's fair and I have no idea where to go with this. Any suggestions on who I can/should contact??

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: ICSystems thanks to my dermatologist

Contact the Better Business bureau re the doctor do not pay that bill it will be harder to rectify if you do.  If that doesnt work send letter to doctor re lawsuit he clearly is a shl;' doctor and is bilking the insurance companioes if you say that you have the same proceedure and now he bills it differently  well its definitely something I wouldnt let go again do not pay the doctor or CA

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 7
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and filed a claim with the BBB website yesterday. IC called me today and said they would delete once payment was received. I asked for it in writing and they said they are sending me a letter that states as much. I don't care if it's in dispute still. It's honestly not worth the hassle for $70.

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@my25reasons wrote:

I went ahead and filed a claim with the BBB website yesterday. IC called me today and said they would delete once payment was received. I asked for it in writing and they said they are sending me a letter that states as much. I don't care if it's in dispute still. It's honestly not worth the hassle for $70.

+1  $70 for a PFD.  Get rid of it.  Done!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Yes pay for delete. but get letter in hand.Goodluck

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 5 of 7
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

I'm working on getting rid of ic systems too and actually had an extremely similar situation with my doctor. I can't get a pfd from them to save my life. Could you pm me some info on what your bbb complaint involved? It would be very much appreciated!!!!
Message 6 of 7
diabla
Regular Contributor

Sounds like they just didn't want to pay credit card processing fees!  AFAIK, there's no way for them to tell if you're over your limit!  It either goes through or its declined.  It also sounds like your old doctor had you on the perpetual patient list!  The "issue" would have never cleared up as long he had payments to make on his boat!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.