Contributor
jar1154

IF I'M NOT ME, DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS CALL!

I ran my freecreditreport from TU today and found 2 items that  I am questioning.  My credit union merged with Wescom CU and they are now also reporting on my CR.  Shouldn't there only be 1 entry?  It would be best if the new name stayed and the old one came off.  What impact does this have?  The old was due to come off next year and it was for a CC they closed that we are paying off.  The new one has the exact same info except limited payment history which reflects our improved situation.  Should I dispute the old one being a duplicate?

The other is that we have been rebuilding quite successfully  and nearly out of the woods, but NCO inquired and I got a call from them yesterday and today.  An automated call that if I wasn't me, Do not listen (lol).  Their only purpose can be as a JDB and any old debts are so close to SOV and have been sold numerous times, and none added to CR.  Can I dispute that their purpose is not legitate since I have not made any dealings with them direct?

Any suggestions - we're so close and making do just fine with the current economy.  For some reason, I can't block their number from our phone.  They've found a way around that now too.  Add me to donotcall registry is a joke, they've all found a way around that!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}