Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB accounts

tag
markhs777
Regular Contributor

IIB accounts

My chap 7 was discharged last Oct. and have been working on ANY error on negative accounts. I have managed to remove several IIB accounts mainly because the CRA's have compounded the once small errors into larger ones. When I call ( yes I call rather than write) the reps are confused and say they will correct it but the account ends up deleted. My question is does it really matter if there are lets say 4 IIB accounts as opposed to 10. I know it will make it easier to possibly remove the BK itself at a later date but that is not my goal.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: IIB accounts

It is my understanding that each IIB account is seen as an account chargeoff and dings your score, so the more you get off, the better your score will be.

Some people are able to get scores in the 720s relatively quickly because they have no IIB accounts reporting.  Scupra can talk about this.

Message 2 of 3
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Re: IIB accounts

Good to know, I will continue to try to get rid of the IIB that are left. I do have some Cap Ones  I have not disputed these since Cap One has very good to me. Would Cap One be vindictive with my open accounts if I dispute? Thx

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.