Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIB student loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIB student loans

Hello my student loans were of course included in chap 7 and not discharged. They were closed IIB and reopened this month with a new account number. My question is how long will the closed IIB ones show on my report. Kind of weird given they are open again so I don't understand. Advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IIB student loans

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello my student loans were of course included in chap 7 and not discharged. They were closed IIB and reopened this month with a new account number. My question is how long will the closed IIB ones show on my report. Kind of weird given they are open again so I don't understand. Advice?

Depends on how they are reporting. If they are positive they will stay for up to 10 years post close. If they are COed then up to 7.5 yrs from the DoFD is typical though they could remain on longer if they are controlled by the Higher Education Act.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says in the closed IIB accounts and the newly opened accounts I had two late payments in jan and feb 2014 and I have been in deferment. What I want to know is since I still owe them should they still show IIB closed with the new account numbers and open accounts too? I still owe them so shouldn't the IIB ones be deleted since the re opened the same loans and just changed the account number?
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
It says in the closed IIB accounts and the newly opened accounts I had two late payments in jan and feb 2014 and I have been in deferment. What I want to know is since I still owe them should they still show IIB closed with the new account numbers and open accounts too? I still owe them so shouldn't the IIB ones be deleted since the re opened the same loans and just changed the account number?

I have no idea on how student loans should be showing am no expert in them. If you are in deferrment I dont see how you can have late payments unless the deferrment came after the paymets were missed. Logic dictates that they should not be showing anything IIB as they cannot be discharged and Im thinking those should be deleted but again Im not familiar with govt backed SLs and how they function. If you had a BK lawyer you might ask him if he knows how these should be reporting. Someone may come along as well and see this thread who does know,

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.