cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**IMPORTANT! Calculating When the Statute of Limitations Has Expired {Need Advice} 2 Car Loans 4 yr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

**IMPORTANT! Calculating When the Statute of Limitations Has Expired {Need Advice} 2 Car Loans 4 yr

According to California SOL Laws, Automobile Loan SOL is 4 years, I believe it starts from the date of the first payment default, or possibly from the date a Demand Letter was sent... Unsure if the Contract had an "Accelleration Clause" or "No Accelleration Clause" (SEE BELOW STATUTE OF LIMITATION LAWS ABOUT ACCELLERATION CLAUSES)............... nevertheless my loans show reported in 2012, so I would think I could request that they be deleted from my report due to CA SOL laws?, is that correct? Can anyone provide a Sample Letter for this??

First loan was UNPAID DUE TO JOB LAYOFF:

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **IMPORTANT! Calculating When the Statute of Limitations Has Expired {Need Advice} 2 Car Loans

The SOL has nothing to due with when an account will be removed from your credit report it is seven years one hundred and eighty days from the date of first delinquency. How ever the CRA's usually remove them at seven years.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **IMPORTANT! Calculating When the Statute of Limitations Has Expired {Need Advice} 2 Car Loans

Right. SOL is about ability to collect and sue, not about reporting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.