tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IN with NFCU :-)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Geez. I really need to find a way to join this CU. They hand out such huge limits. Congrats!

@Thank you!!!! Bingo @ the limits....mainly why I joined :-) 

The eligibility seems pretty lax either a relative:sibling, parent, spouse, step relative, .....even a roommate/housemate will do the trick. 

They do have a lot of 'ways in', but they will also lock you out if they think you're trying to pull a fast one on them. The only problem I have with their eligibility rules is that they will let unmarried/unrelated "roommates/housemates" in but NOT veterans that didn't retire. REALLY  NFCU? I've *got* my DD214 if you want to see it....

That's exactly the part that I raised a brow at...not letting Veteran's in, but me or other's that never served our country?? Left me a bit befuddled Smiley Indifferent

I got no problem at all with immediate family members - as far as I'm concerned your family "serves" with you when you're in the military, but the whole roommate/housemate thing just baffles me....

I found out last week that my neice has an NFCU account, so I can get in via her and my brother (who is also prior Navy), just gotta get him to get his account opened.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Geez. I really need to find a way to join this CU. They hand out such huge limits. Congrats!

The eligibility seems pretty lax either a relative:sibling, parent, spouse, step relative, .....even a roommate/housemate will do the trick. 

They do have a lot of 'ways in', but they will also lock you out if they think you're trying to pull a fast one on them. The only problem I have with their eligibility rules is that they will let unmarried/unrelated "roommates/housemates" in but NOT veterans that didn't retire. REALLY  NFCU? I've *got* my DD214 if you want to see it....

That's exactly the part that I raised a brow at...not letting Veteran's in, but me or other's that never served our country?? Left me a bit befuddled Smiley Indifferent

I got no problem at all with immediate family members - as far as I'm concerned your family "serves" with you when you're in the military, but the whole roommate/housemate thing just baffles me....

I found out last week that my neice has an NFCU account, so I can get in via her and my brother (who is also prior Navy), just gotta get him to get his account opened.

Tell him to hurry up lol (jk)...glad you found your way in though. I've heard great things about them in general...literally just faxed over my direct deposit info to have it switched over to NFCU. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my new account in March. I had all of my direct deposit go to through them. I didn't get approved for the credit card yet but will app again in six months. I hope to have the baddies removed by then.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the NFCU family!

Norman, I had no idea they didn't let veterans in.  That is the DUMBEST thing I have heard from a "military inspired" credit union.  My DH's dad is retired so we got in via his service.  I finally got my own account from my DH.  I haven't applied for any cards YET.  I plan to but was afraid it would hurt my AAoA right now and bottom out my score.  I am teetering on that 2 year age mark with TU and EQ.  EX has me at 6 yrs because they have one old account the others don't Smiley Sad .  Sooon as I break the 700 mark, I think I will pull the trigger.  

Message 14 of 16
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told the policy stems from providing access to same sex couples and/or domestic partnerships. I like that they are inclusive in that way, I think not giving access to veterans is a separate head-scratcher.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm I was juat getting ready to apply for membership.  I was also trying to figure out how to qualify then it hit me, my dad served in the Army.  Only thing is I'm not sure if he actually 'retired' or what.  He's deceased now and my mother has found some papers and the Army gave a footstone for his grave so I'll see what they say.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.