Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INQUIRIES EQUIFAX GONE

tag
pinoy
Established Member

INQUIRIES EQUIFAX GONE

i disputed 23 inquiries through EQ and they deleted all of them reason i did not authorize maybe with all the breech stuff happening who knows

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: INQUIRIES EQUIFAX GONE

I called on yesterday to have 27 of my 35 inquiries deleted. I have a confirmation number so i'm praying that there deleted.

Message 2 of 10
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

That's great! How long did it take them to give you a response?
Message 3 of 10
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

There could be unforeseen consequences to doing this, especially if they’re legit inquiries. 

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

There could be unforeseen consequences to doing this, especially if they’re legit inquiries. 

Such as? (serious question) 

Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Lack of your specific authorization for an inquriy is not basis per se for showing they are not legitimate.

The FCRA permits credit inquiries without consumer authorization if their purpose meets one or more of the listed permissible purposes under FCRA 604.

Are you asserting that all 23 inquiries were made without any legitimate permissible purpose?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you dispute? Did you call them? If so, to which number?

Message 7 of 10
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Such as? (serious question) 

My thought is that if they’re legit and you have an account now with that company, why poke the bear? Inquiries aren’t a big deal anyway. If you get denied for them it’s more than likely there is something else in your profile the lender doesn’t like. 

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello:

Please give me:

1. Name of the person you spoke to?
2. Telephone you called?
3. Reason you gave to have them deleted?

Thanks!!!
Message 9 of 10
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

OP,

Just seeing this but could use some help. I’ve been trying to get some unauthorized inquiries off my report but I keep getting bounced back n forth between CRA and Credit company. Any tips? Did you call or submit in writing EQ, etc.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.