Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQ data international PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IQ data international PFD?

Company as agreed via email to do PFD for settlement in full. We've paid them as of today and should be getting a receipt within 4-5 days. Has anyone dealt with this company? Did they actually follow through?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IQ data international PFD?

I sent a pfd to them 2 weeks ago for full payment. ..they responded with a settlement offer lol.  Can I get the email you used?   I don't speak to them on the phone they are extremely rude.

Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Company as agreed via email to do PFD for settlement in full. We've paid them as of today and should be getting a receipt within 4-5 days. Has anyone dealt with this company? Did they actually follow through?

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy   Since they agreed in email to delete, if they were to fail to do so you would file a BBB complaint against them for shoddy business practices, you could also sue them for breech of contract as this is what you essentially have

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed them and sent them a letter in the mail a month ago or so, both went unanswered. Today I finally called and dealt with a REALLY nice lady. I simply stated I wasn't acknowleding the debit or that it is valid however I want to know if we can settle the account. She asked what I'd like for an outcome and I said we wanted to have it removed completely from our credit reports. She said OK we can do that if you pay in full and I said okay we need documentation in writing via email first and we can pay it right away. They emailed me almost instantly and we paid. We requested an emailed receipt and she had to request it from the manager she said I'll hear back from him tomorrow. To my surprise it was sitting in my email. Process was seamless and I had a really good experience. I'm honestly suprised it went so well. As the very first time I talked to them to guy I was speaking with was super rude. I would call up again you may get a better rep!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you!...glad you had a good outcome Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

My experience with IQ Data was simple. I sent a DV, and they responded. I called and set up payments with them and started paying $85 biweekly. And then one day, I called again and he told me couldn't find my file at all. Really? So I disputed it on Transunion (it was only there) and it came off. I haven't heard from them in almost a year. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 6 of 9
jai8694
Valued Member

I wish I can have some success with this company. When I first moved out of my apartment in 2012; I broke my lease for a better deal; the apartment complex told me they automatically forwarded accounts for non tentants to their collection agency, even though you are not in collections. It was IQ data. The balance was fairly high, a little over 1K and I knew I could not pay it immediately. I tried unsuccessfully from 02/12 to 03/13 to establish a payment arrangement to prevent it from appearing on my credit file. Each and every time I was told no and not to worry because it had not hit my credit. I even asked if I could just mail payments, my dad who is a CPA advised me to that. He said no creditor in their right mind would return money and their cashing the check would be acceptance of a payment plan on my terms. I was told by IQ Data it was not permitted and they were not responsible for any lost or misdirected payments. At the time my credit score was decent-I had just purchased a new truck- and I am not sure if they could see it or not but they continued to make mention of it and how I could take out a personal loan to pay it off. I tried explaining to them I did not want to take out a loan but would rather establish arrangements. After they saw I wasn't going to pony up the money they began to harrass me on the phone, accuse me of theft and even threaten to have my husbands security clearance revoked (we were military at that time). It got so bad I had to ignore the calls...I was already dealing with medical issues and I couldn't take the added stress. After about 2 months the calls stopped and I never heard from them again. I didnt see them on my credit or anything.

Fast forward to November 2014. I went to apply for a mortgage loan and low and behold who pops? IQ Data and for almost double the original amount. I immediately called them and it was the same old game. They had just reported to credit, no they would not make payment arrangements, and most shockingly but I could not have a copy of the invoice explaining where the extra almost $1500 came from. Since then I have been yelled at, hung up on, called a thief many times and told I was not a good person. Last week I tried again and the same thing but the lady was actually nice and told me that while they dont make payment arrangements I could go ahead and just mail in payments at my convenience and it would be applied to my account. She even gave me my account number. Just for grins and giggles I tried to see if I could get that invoice again today but no luck. Are they allowed to just place an amount on your credit file and NEVER give you anything to explain the charges or show as valid? Aside from my auto loan that is the only thing I am dealing with on my credit. I feel my score would increase a little if I could get rid of them. I just opened 2 secured cards last week. I want to start completely fresh but this is like a dark cloud over my head.

No score updates for 6 months is the plan while I garden
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: After paying off the balance the account came off of my boyfriends report within a few weeks. Somehow they did not send in the correct information to have it pulled off my credit report so I had to go back and forth with them and equifax for about 2 months. Finally it was removed from my credit report just a few days ago. But it was not as seamless as I'd orginally thought. 

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE: After paying off the balance the account came off of my boyfriends report within a few weeks. Somehow they did not send in the correct information to have it pulled off my credit report so I had to go back and forth with them and equifax for about 2 months. Finally it was removed from my credit report just a few days ago. But it was not as seamless as I'd orginally thought. 

Well grats on getting it all resolved Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.