Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Lien Removal

tag
hardworker77
Contributor

Re: IRS Lien Removal

I think that I'm going to fax the copy of my letter to EQ and demand that they delete. Even though I don't have the 10916. Really don't want to wait on snail mail to bring that letter. It's worth a shot..wish me luck. Thanks for your input.

Message 41 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

@hardworker77 wrote:

I think that I'm going to fax the copy of my letter to EQ and demand that they delete. Even though I don't have the 10916. Really don't want to wait on snail mail to bring that letter. It's worth a shot..wish me luck. Thanks for your input.

You could do that. Did you contact the IRS and ask them about your 10916??? 

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Not yet...but if the CB's give me a hard time than I'll contact them. I plan on calling EQ in the a.m. and getting their fax number. If anyone has it please let me know. Thanks..

Message 43 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

@hardworker77 wrote:

Not yet...but if the CB's give me a hard time than I'll contact them. I plan on calling EQ in the a.m. and getting their fax number. If anyone has it please let me know. Thanks..

Fax EQ: 888 729 0083

I am no friend of the CRA's but not sure if you need to break their b***** if you cannot supply them with that withdrawal form. Good luck with your plan but I am not sure why you just don't get the IRS form and send it to them. IMHO... Then come down on them if they do not do the right thing. Obviously the IRS did not send them (the CRA's) the withdrawal form as they have done for others here and on the other board. YMMV...

Message 44 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Yes I think I will give the IRS a call in the a.m. like I said somebody not doing their job...What a pain. Wonder what they did with my 10916? Thanks for the advice.

Message 45 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Well called IRS this a.m. and was on hold for about 30-45 mins. anyway they stated they would mail the form out today. Than I'll send it to the CB'S. Thanks for the info.

Update finally got the form in the mail and I faxed it to EQ this past Friday, they say that it could take up to 30 days to be removed. I guess they have to make sure it's legit. So now I have to get in contact with EX and TU ??? Or does EQ do that for me??? Does anyone know EX fax # or should I mail them a copy??

Message 46 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

@hardworker77 wrote:

Well called IRS this a.m. and was on hold for about 30-45 mins. anyway they stated they would mail the form out today. Than I'll send it to the CB'S. Thanks for the info.

To quote K C and the Sunshine Band: That's the way they like it!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Message 47 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Update as of today I had to redispute my tax liens TU and EX have deleted. Still waiting on EQ hopefully I'll hear something from them by next week. Thanks to everyone on MY FICO you guys are the best.

Message 48 of 76
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

In my case I did not ask the IRS to forward the withdrawal notice to the CRAs. They automatically record it at the same place as the lien. TU removed it without asking just from their souces picking pu the Withdrawal recording. I disputed online with EQ since one of their options was, "Lien Withdrawn" among others. However, that just resulted in the original lien release being validated. The problem is that if their vendor doesn't pick up the withdrawal they are unlikely to pick it up on the investigation since it's just another public record and isn't pointed to by the lien or lien release. I called them up, explained they missed the withdrawal and sent them the withdrawal notice. It was removed 2 days later.

Did the same thing online with EX but they took their sweet time, validating the lien release almost a month later. I then mailed a copy of the recorded lien withdrawal as well as the lien and lien release with a cover letter itemizing the doc numbers and titles. Since the county recording numbers are on each of them it makes it easy for them to verify. I only just did that so we'll see how it works out. I'm in no hurry since I'm not going to app for credit until a particular Inq drops off sometime next month.

Takeaway:

Don't even bother disputing Liens online. A written dispute with a copy of the Withdrawal Notice and the county document filing numbers for the Lien, Line release (if any), and Lien withdrawal should do the trick.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 49 of 76
RUG

Listen the IRS has a new "Fresh Start" program.  There are several qualifing factors.  Whether or not the balance is paid, not violating payment agreement, and the balance being between 5k - 10k. Now, if you meet this requirements you should have form 668 (Y); NOTICE OF FEDERAL TAX LIEN.  This is the notice you receive when your Lien has been paid as agreed.  Secondly, if you did not recieve this notice DO NOT PANIC. The IRS has this in your records with them.  Next, if you have succesfully paid your lein, it gets AUTOMATICALLY release.  In my case, it was not.  I file for a certiicate of release and within 30 days, I got it in the mail. Immediately after receiving a certificate of release and a date when it was released you should file form 12277.  WITHDRAWAL OF FEDERAL TAX LIEN.  Each state has an advisory group manager within their IRS federal building that handles this request directly.  THE 1-800 NUMBER DOES NOT HELP YOU WITH THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE. They only can give you your states phone and fax for this request.  Fax form 12277 & form 668 (Z) (certificate of release) to your Advisory Group Mananger. Make sure on form 12277 that you check " in the best interest of the you and the goverment...) I can't remember the exact quote.  You dont have to explain anything in the comment box.  Remember this is a new program which all you have to do is file the paperwork. 

Now the IRS does not necesarily remove the lein from the CR.  The IRS receives your withdrawal request, process it within 30-45 days.  It may take longer if you dont make contact with a Advisory Group manager.  So, after you have faxed this paperwork in, do a follow-up to see if they received it by calling your state's advisory manager.  Your AM will assign you a case manager to deal with you directly.  If you have an immediate need, (i.e job, residency, property, state license etc) express that.  They can set up a legal rep for you to confirm that your lien will/ is being process for withdrawal.  After you've done all this, and it has not been removed from your CR, you just dispute it with the CB.  All the CB will do is check the County Deeds Records to see if your lien information is there or not.  If it is not in there records, the CB will remove it.  If it is still on record, you will just have to wait a little bit until the IRS has finished with their process.  You will receive confirmation of the withdrawal being sucessful or not from the IRS by phone and/or mail.

I'm not sure if the date in which you paid or completed the debt is a factor.  Be it 14 yrs or 14mths, these are the steps that I took and got results within 90 days. Without a lawyer.  Just eye contact!!!  Good Luck, Hope this helped......

Message 50 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.