Reply
Frequent Contributor
virgo
Posts: 421
Registered: ‎11-26-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Congress decided that states should adopt the same policies for removal of liens.

The IRS website will guide you through their program and just log onto your states portal for the local guidelines.

The agencies will send withdraw notices to you and the courts.

The fastest way to get removal from the cb's is to fax the doc's to them.

FAX# EXperian- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 972 390 4970. Phone. edited

Transunion- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 610 546 4606. edited

Equifax- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 edited edited

Once you get the doc faxd it will be gone the same day.

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor
winstars
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎06-27-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal


virgo wrote:

Hello,

Congress decided that states should adopt the same policies for removal of liens.

The IRS website will guide you through their program and just log onto your states portal for the local guidelines.

The agencies will send withdraw notices to you and the courts.

The fastest way to get removal from the cb's is to fax the doc's to them.

FAX# EXperian- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 972 390 4970. Phone. edited

Transunion- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 610 546 4606. edited

Equifax- attn Edited to remove personal information 1 edited edited

Once you get the doc faxd it will be gone the same day.

Hope this helps.


Care to explain to us what you are specifically talking about??? Your post was very unclear to me at least...



Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
thankfulheart
Posts: 619
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

"Congress decided that states should adopt the same policies for removal of liens"

 

Ummm...since when does Congress get to decide States' policies?  Ohio certainly hasn't adopted the IRS guidelines for liens.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Regular Contributor
SupraTurbo2jz
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎11-03-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

[ Edited ]

^^^^^^yeah what he said...errr she :smileysad: . could you please post/pm a link to this information as I have two paid ohio state tax liens I need to get removed.


Starting Score: TU 501 EQ 576 EX 588 (vantage score) FICO pull 11/03/11
Current Score: TU 657, EQ 642, EX 609 lender pull 11/018/13
Goal Score: 720 but a 660 will do for House :smileyhappy:


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
Tropikal
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

I would like to see others comments on how this improved their CSS.  Very few have said how much this has helped their credit scores and the ones that did said, said it wasn't for much 6-20 points.

 

I do have two paid IRS liens, both released in 12/11, and I'm going to request withdrawal as stated on this tread for sure, I need every little point I can get :smileywink:. But  just makes me wonder if is worth the effort to have it withdraw. 

 

Anybody seen the scores jumped by doing the IRS Lien Withdrawals?

Regular Contributor
winstars
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎06-27-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal


Tropikal wrote:

I would like to see others comments on how this improved their CSS.  Very few have said how much this has helped their credit scores and the ones that did said, said it wasn't for much 6-20 points.

 

I do have two paid IRS liens, both released in 12/11, and I'm going to request withdrawal as stated on this tread for sure, I need every little point I can get :smileywink:. But  just makes me wonder if is worth the effort to have it withdraw. 

 

Anybody seen the scores jumped by doing the IRS Lien Withdrawals?


I got mine off and saw a minor score increase, others have seen bigger jumps. The big thing to me is that itget a major negative off your reports, the "0% of our high scoring people..... had a public record on their credit report" that we see here on myfico CR's... It is totally work the since the effort consists of filling out a couple of forms and buying some stamps. Getting any and all "baddies" off my reports is allways my been my goal.



Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
Tropikal
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal


winstars wrote:

Tropikal wrote:

I would like to see others comments on how this improved their CSS.  Very few have said how much this has helped their credit scores and the ones that did said, said it wasn't for much 6-20 points.

 

I do have two paid IRS liens, both released in 12/11, and I'm going to request withdrawal as stated on this tread for sure, I need every little point I can get :smileywink:. But  just makes me wonder if is worth the effort to have it withdraw. 

 

Anybody seen the scores jumped by doing the IRS Lien Withdrawals?


I got mine off and saw a minor score increase, others have seen bigger jumps. The big thing to me is that itget a major negative off your reports, the "0% of our high scoring people..... had a public record on their credit report" that we see here on myfico CR's... It is totally work the since the effort consists of filling out a couple of forms and buying some stamps. Getting any and all "baddies" off my reports is allways my been my goal.


Thanks, every little increase counts, and like you said getting those "baddies" out are also important even is doesn't increase CS.

Valued Member
akemp9480
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎10-12-2010
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

[ Edited ]
 

Starting Score: 635
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,336
Registered: ‎03-12-2007
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

[ Edited ]

Hi akemp!

 

Please stop cross-posting in the forums. While the information you have posted more than five times is very useful, it doesn't need to be posted anymore.

 

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

 

--fused, myfico moderator

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Valued Member
akemp9480
Posts: 26
Registered: ‎10-12-2010
0

Re: IRS Lien Removal

Sry. I was excited and trying to answer the question and help anyone else. I've deleted it and will delete the others.


Starting Score: 635
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+