Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Lien Removal

tag
FootballFan
New Visitor

Re: IRS Lien Removal

Hello can someone give me some keywords to use in my letter to IRS requesting "Fresh Start" lien removal? I am making monthly payments per my installment agreement but need to sell my home which has a federal tax lien against it.
Message 71 of 76
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. Not sure what you mean by key words..but the request is pretty straight forward. If you are making payments, then state that if it's paid then include that information.

Do you have the forms yet?
Message 72 of 76
FootballFan
New Visitor

Thank you. No, I do not have the forms yet.
Message 73 of 76
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can download them and fill them in by hand. Really takes maybe 5 min ( not like usual IRS forms) just attach your supporting documents ie lien and payment arrangement documentation.

Good luck!
Message 74 of 76
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

The house can be sold with the lien on it if there is no funds available from the sale to pay anything to the IRS. The request to withdraw the lien can be made by the seller's attorney. The lien stays on your credit report even after the property is sold.

Message 75 of 76
sister8
New Visitor

I have random liens that say released and one I cant figure out. I had all credits and threr was never a tax debt. How do I find out what the lien is all about?  These are 2005 

Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.