Valued Member

Re: IRS Lien Removal

I pulled my scores on 6/3, before the lien was withdrawn, and they were

TransUnion 719

Equifax 710

I pulled my scores today, 8/3 

TransUnion 726

Equifax 707

So TransUnion improved, while Equifax went down.

The differences:

- Equifax has an inquiry from my credit union auto loan refinance in December, and TransUnion doesn't.

+ Equifax shows only my Ch 7 bankruptcy from 1/2004, while TransUnion shows the bankruptcy and a 2003 IRS tax lien released in 2008 (this is the one that I couldn't get withdrawn).

Otherwise, the reports are mostly identical.

The house I have been renting for the last year went into foreclosure in December. The bank finally took the property last week, and now I'm going to try and purchase it. I hope I can get a mortgage with a decent rate.

Message 31 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

When mine was withdrawn (filed Mar 08, released Mar 09) in March of this year, I didn't see any point increase.  I was so disappointed, because I expected to see a decent increase, but I guess since it had been 2 years since it was released, most of the damage had already been factored in.

Message 32 of 76
Andrew22
Regular Contributor

My TU went up 4 points...

Message 33 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

I have been following this thread here,  and on the other board. I also am in the middle of this process. For me, the IRS was the easiest part. I got the withdrawal letter from the IRS and sent it CMRRR to the 3 CRA's about 10 days ago. TU removed it the other day, EQ is treating it as a dispute and nothing heard from EX yet. I think it will just take some time (2 more weeks) if the other examples here are accurate. 

As far as scores rising due to tax lien removal, they say that these things matter less as the age so the points may not "pile up".... However, it's my definate understanding that the HUGE ISSUE tax lien wise is simply having them on your report(s)!!! From what I have read, a lender taking a quick look will just see "Public Record" ====== BAD.

Paid or satisfied or released or obviously open or unpaid might all mean the same thing in a screwy sort of way. Therefore, just getting them the hell off your report is really good, even if your numbers don't skyrocket... Just saying....

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Mailed my IRS withdrawal papers on July 25 certified and got a letter today dated Aug 1 that they would notify the courthouse about the withdrawal. But they left out the Form 10916(c)- to show that they approved it. I guess I'll wait a couple of days and dispute with the CB's. I can't believe they left it out. Oh well at least it's going to be deleted. Maybe I'll gain a few points Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 76
jules79
Established Member

have u GOT ANY UPDATES from the LIEN WITHDRAWAL?N if so did u see any score increase?Thx

Message 36 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

So TU deleted right away after they got the letter I sent them with a copy of the IRS withdrawal letter... EQ put it into the dispute process for like two weeks and then dropped the lien YESTERDAY!!!  And then good old EX, first no response and then I got a snail mail letter from them saying they did not believe that it ws me sending them a CMRRR  with a request to remove a IRS lien, complete with a copy of the IRS letter. (I suppose that there is a lot of people pretending to be others, trying to repair other people's credit .LOL)  Anyway, I sent EX the requested ID stuff, DL, copy of SS card and recent utility bill. They should get it today so based on the other two I hope tha in two weeks it will be gone.

Message 37 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Nothing yt. I just disputed with the CB's today, so hopefully it won't take long.

Message 38 of 76
hardworker77
Contributor

Fast forward to 8/29- as I said earlier I disputed the lien with the CB's and OMG!! it came back as verified. So now I guess I'll give the courthouse a few days to make sure that it has been recorded. It should have been taken care of. Ppl are not doing their jobs. I'm getting frustrated. What else should I do? I think 4 weeks has been long enough . Any thoughts???

Message 39 of 76
winstars
Regular Contributor

@hardworker77 wrote:

Mailed my IRS withdrawal papers on July 25 certified and got a letter today dated Aug 1 that they would notify the courthouse about the withdrawal. But they left out the Form 10916(c)- to show that they approved it. I guess I'll wait a couple of days and dispute with the CB's. I can't believe they left it out. Oh well at least it's going to be deleted. Maybe I'll gain a few points Smiley Happy

The letter I got from the IRS was accompanied by the form 10919(c). The letter had a name and telephoe number of the IRS agent who wrote the letter saying the lien was being withdrawn and to call if I had any issues. Call that number and person if its on your lettter... If not, in order to have mailed your original request to the IRS for withdrawal, you had to look up what regional office to send it to, that office had a telephone number next to the address, call 'im up.

IIMHO, you problem might be the lack of the form accompanying you request to the CRA's for lien removal... if I read you correctly, maybe I misunderstood something since I am new at this also...

Message 40 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.