Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Tax Liens

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: IRS Tax Liens

@creditchild wrote:

hey all. if i set up a payment plan with the irs as long as i make my payments on time

will it show up on my credit report?

I've done that several times and nothing negative ever showed up. But DO NOT be late with the IRS. They have no sense of humor about those things. Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 11 of 17
creditchild
Regular Contributor

so as long as i'm paying on time it would not appear on my credit report. am i correct?

Message 12 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@creditchild wrote:

so as long as i'm paying on time it would not appear on my credit report. am i correct?

IME that is correct.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 13 of 17
cascade159
New Contributor

I had a Federal Tax Lien added to my credit report two months ago. I saw a 1pt drop in my score and I'm not certain that was the result of the IRS. Since that time I've setup a payment plan with the IRS and my agent informed me that they would remove the lien once it's paid in full. She said there is a lien department I could speak with at that time. My goal is to have this paid off in 10 months so fingers crossed...

EQ: 680, TU 665, EX 615 (FAKO)
Message 14 of 17
cascade159
New Contributor

Does anyone know if having a Federal Tax Lien actually hurts your approval? I could see it hurting on mortgage but I just got a Best Buy Reward Zone MC with a fresh tax lien on my report.

Message 15 of 17
cascade159
New Contributor

Some good information from another thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Tax-Lien-Question/td-p/701093

Message 16 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@creditchild wrote:

hey all. if i set up a payment plan with the irs as long as i make my payments on time

will it show up on my credit report?

I realize I may have misunderstood what you were asking.

Is there a IRS tax lien already in place you want to pay off or are you looking to set up a payment plan to avoid a tax lien?

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.