Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS

tag
jybrown1458
Contributor

IRS

I know this maybe the wrong forum for info, but does anyone have a contact for IRS liens?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IRS

From the IRS website - http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=108339,00.html#inquires

I prefer going to my local office with all paperwork and talking face to face with someone.

From another credit repair/help board:

Removing liens: Once you’ve paid your tax debt in full, you can request that the lien be removed. This wipes the slate clean on that problem, and allows you to rebuild credit. (It remains to be seen how easy the process will be, but I’ll try to remain optimistic for the moment.)

You may not even have to pay off the tax debt to have the lien removed. If you owe $25,000 or less and enroll in a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (so that your installment payments are taken out of your bank account each month), you can ask for the tax lien to be removed. The IRS make sure they successfully collect a few payments first, but once you're over that hurdle, you can request the lien removal. If you are already on an installment agreement, you can ask to convert to a Direct Debit Installment Agreement to take advantage of this initiative.

Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

From the IRS website - http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=108339,00.html#inquires

I prefer going to my local office with all paperwork and talking face to face with someone.

From another board:

Removing liens: Once you’ve paid your tax debt in full, you can request that the lien be removed. This wipes the slate clean on that problem, and allows you to rebuild credit. (It remains to be seen how easy the process will be, but I’ll try to remain optimistic for the moment.)

You may not even have to pay off the tax debt to have the lien removed. If you owe $25,000 or less and enroll in a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (so that your installment payments are taken out of your bank account each month), you can ask for the tax lien to be removed. The IRS make sure they successfully collect a few payments first, but once you're over that hurdle, you can request the lien removal. If you are already on an installment agreement, you can ask to convert to a Direct Debit Installment Agreement to take advantage of this initiative.

Hi!

Can you please PM me the website where you got that information from? We're always concerned about copyright issues. If it happens to be a website we're allowed to link to, we can edit your post to include it.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the cliff notes version of the following from the IRS site - http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=236540,00.html

Direct Debit Installment Agreements and Liens

The IRS is making other fundamental changes to liens in cases where taxpayers enter into a Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA). For taxpayers with unpaid assessments of $25,000 or less, the IRS will now allow lien withdrawals under several scenarios:

• Lien withdrawals for taxpayers entering into a Direct Debit Installment Agreement.
  • The IRS will withdraw a lien if a taxpayer on a regular Installment Agreement converts to a Direct Debit Installment Agreement.
  • The IRS will also withdraw liens on existing Direct Debit Installment greements upon taxpayer request.

Liens will be withdrawn after a probationary period demonstrating that direct debit payments will be honored.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.