Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO Dorthy's number - dispute comment removal needed

tag
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

Re: ISO Dorthy's number - dispute comment removal needed

PM Sent

Starting Score: 672 TU, 669 EQ, 659 EX FAKO(10/3/11)
Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 36
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

PM Sent

Current Score: 786 TU FICO(5/23/14), 758 EQ FICO (8/01/14), 811 EX FICO (5/26/14)

Message 22 of 36
esmer0924
Regular Contributor

PM's Sent

Message 23 of 36
hawleys4

Ya'll have been extremly helpful.  90% of goals made so far, we just need them to update quickly.

Message 24 of 36
rm3
Regular Contributor

Anybody have Dorothy's number? I spoke with EX earlier and it was super easy to remove all dispute comments over the phone.

Message 25 of 36
1LNurse
Established Member

Its closing time for me and I need Dorothy's number for assistance in removing a dispute. Can someone please PM? Thank you so much!

Message 26 of 36
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Does removing a dispute work the same way as creating one? When I disputed something I did it only with one CRA and the other 2 were notified automatically...or does one have to remove a dispute manually with each CRA? What are the advantages to removing a dispute?

Message 27 of 36
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Marcos8 wrote:

Does removing a dispute work the same way as creating one? When I disputed something I did it only with one CRA and the other 2 were notified automatically...or does one have to remove a dispute manually with each CRA? What are the advantages to removing a dispute?

When you dispute with one CRA; whatver you are disputed is notified, and they are the ones that report to the CRA that you are disputing the account.

You could ask whoever you disputed against, like lets say Capital One, to remove the dispute remarks and they can send that to all three. Or you can work with the CRAs to have them removed.

Removing a dispute tag after its resolved is often required to close on mortgages.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 28 of 36
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Also, some people just like clean reports with no weird tags.. haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 29 of 36
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Are over 3 year old disputes on a closed mortgage account (paid in full for less than full balance/charge off from short sale) still relevent that removing the diputes would still be worthwhile? ...and neceaasry for a mortgage within the next year?

Also, would a FICO score still be at risk of falling after years have past if disputes were removed on closed accounts?

Thanks

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.