Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT CAN BE DONE - Successes Rebuilding and Pushing Forward to 700 and Beyond

tag
DonMzBhavin
New Contributor

IT CAN BE DONE - Successes Rebuilding and Pushing Forward to 700 and Beyond

Just A Little Bit of an update....

January 2012 - Overwhelmed with debt stemming from a 2010 divorce and relocation 1/2 way cross-country

May 2012- Filed BK Chpt 7 - score plummets further to  EQ 467, and TU 497

June 2012- Opened up a Cap 1 secured card with $49 deposit and 200 limit

July 2012 - Increased deposit to make secured credit limit on Cap 1 card $500  EQ score moves to 548 TU to 566

August 2012- Discharged from BK on 08/16 and purchased new car on 08/18..financed through Cap One at an ugly interest rate of 18.97% but still i was approved new car so no complaints

September 2012 - Applied for Lane Bryant Credit Card, approved $150 limit 

- Applied for NY and Company Card, approved for $250 limit

October 2012       - Applied for Cap One Unsecured Platinum Card, approved for $500; has credit builder steps will go to $750 in May (7th statement)

- Paid first car note with the new loan since Bankruptcy

November 2012   - First car note pymt reports

- Added on as auth user on Target Card, Limit $10,000, perfect 12 year history

- EQ Fico jumps to 625, TU 616...and even CreditKarma was reporting this score accurately

December 2012  - Went to Victoria Secret.com tried shopping cart trick I was preapproved for $250, so I took it Smiley Very Happy

- Secured Cap 1 card now 6 MONTHS old

January 2013       - VS Card reports score jumps to EQ 644...TU still at 616 via Credit Karma..confused? keep reading

February 2013     - SW update credit score jumps to EQ 656 curious about TU paid $20 still 616 via MyFico?? Smiley Embarassed

- Reviewed credit reports to see what is hindering my TU score..turns out Sallie Mae and the Dept of Ed are reporting (2) 90 days lates and (1) 60 day

erroneously. I was in deferment and it shows deferment for Dec, Jan 2012 but skips Feb, March and Apr, and then picks up in May when I was

actually in school full-time. Called them up told to send proof of school attendance and would be corrected did this still waiting for update

- Also a collections for NRG is showing for a OC Iadvance of $364 should not have been there because it was closed by me reopened by ex-spouse

without my permission. NRG said fax info showing where the OC closed acct. Did this got a letter back stating it would be update by 03/04 when 

they do their credit reporting. Still waiting on a score bump and report that shows no collections and no lates...YAAAY!!!

- 6 MONTHS POST - BK, 

March 2013         - Cap 1 Auto Finance Loan will be 6 MONTHS old too

- Went to Credit Union to refinance they say they won't refinance anyone not out of BK at least 1 year Smiley Mad

- Preparing to open a NFCU account near end of the month **yes i want the great loans and rebuilding services !!!**

Will update once the reports show that the lates from the student loans are removed and once the collection account is deleted too.

If you file bankruptcy, still review your reports and payment history because it could still be affecting your actual scores.

OAN: My CreditSesame says I am 661 I know its FAKO but hey I'll take it...

Its been a long but rewarding road and I hope to see the 700 club again by the time my BK - is 1 years old.

IT CAN BE DONE!!!!

-

Starting Score: 467
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 795

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Post BK Wallet: Target VISA $10,000 (AU) | NFCU Credit Card $5,000| Walmart $1100| Cap One Platinum $3000 | Amazon $1150 | Discover It Card $500 | Cap One Secured $500 | PayPal Smart Connect $500 | Lane Bryant $1130| Dressbarn $750 |NY & Company $250| Victoria's Secret $250 | Target Store Charge $200 |Capital One Auto Finance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: IT CAN BE DONE - Successes Rebuilding and Pushing Forward to 700 and Beyond

Good to see an active rebuild progressing quickly!!!  

I also have a Cap1 auto loan. 17.1% here. Tried refinancing towards the end of last Summer but was declined.  I'm going to let that go a little longer then try again. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 2 of 3
DonMzBhavin
New Contributor

Re: IT CAN BE DONE - Successes Rebuilding and Pushing Forward to 700 and Beyond

I know some people have had success and some not. I paid the note up through May already and my credit union only wanted to see 6 months of pymt history but after discussing the discharged BK their policy is a year. But even still at a years time credit will be even better and I know I will qualify for an even better rate. I was thinking of going to another credit union because my note on that 2012 new car last year put me to about $400 monthly. Then my credit union started a promotion that runs through September that they will give you 1% cash back for refinancing with them so thats about $150 bucks back plus a great rate if i can stand the wait plus I still pay bi-weekly on my loan to lower interest pymts. Just kinda frustrating that you have to wait. Trust I learned my lesson after my divorce, relocation, and new job and will not go back willingly...lol

So i guess im waiting with u

Starting Score: 467
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 795

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Post BK Wallet: Target VISA $10,000 (AU) | NFCU Credit Card $5,000| Walmart $1100| Cap One Platinum $3000 | Amazon $1150 | Discover It Card $500 | Cap One Secured $500 | PayPal Smart Connect $500 | Lane Bryant $1130| Dressbarn $750 |NY & Company $250| Victoria's Secret $250 | Target Store Charge $200 |Capital One Auto Finance
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.