Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEMS FALLIING OFF CREDIT REPORT

tag
ficorenavator
Regular Contributor

ITEMS FALLIING OFF CREDIT REPORT

I was recently going over my EQ CR and wanted to know when would a couple of TL fall off my report.  DOLA is 12-2002 and 10/2002.  Both are CC accounts that I paid in settlement with the CC company.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: ITEMS FALLIING OFF CREDIT REPORT

Items fall off 7 - 7.5 years after the DOFD.  You can call EQ and ask them what the FCRA compliance date is.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you settled with the CC and the account was NOT  closed or COd  before,  then the DOLA would be used for a drop date.    If it was COd or closed before you settled with the CC  then it will drop 7- 7,5 years from DOFD as guiness said.
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am kinda confused, which is kinda normal!

HappyDays states that:

If you settled with the CC and the account was NOT  closed or COd  before,  then the DOLA would be used for a drop date.    If it was COd or closed before you settled with the CC  then it will drop 7- 7,5 years from DOFD as guiness said.  

My understanding is that the FCRA Compliance Date/DOFD reported to a CRA is set by the first date of a 30-day delinquency in any chain of current delinquencies. 

If the account is then paid as agreed, a new DOFD cannot be reported unless a new delinquency then occurs.  IMHO, I see no provision for resetting the FCRA Compliance Date based on DOLA payment activity.

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

RobertEG wrote:

I am kinda confused, which is kinda normal!

HappyDays states that:

My understanding is that the FCRA Compliance Date/DOFD reported to a CRA is set by the first date of a 30-day delinquency in any chain of current delinquencies. 

If the account is then paid as agreed, a new DOFD cannot be reported unless a new delinquency then occurs.  IMHO, I see no provision for resetting the FCRA Compliance Date based on DOLA payment activity.

I think HD was referring to an account that was "NOT" closed. Meaning you let a CC go bad, but it hasn't been closed by the issuer, and you pay it bringing everything current via a settlement which results in the closure, then the 7 yr clock starts on that DOLA date or the date you settled.
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I still dont get it.  If a previously delinquent account is brought back into good standing, a new DOFD could only be reset if a further delinquency then occurs. Old DOFDs are not erased or reset until a new account delinquency occurs. They remain as the current FCRA Compliance Date until a new chain of delinquencies occurs.

I see no impact of a subsequent DOLA payment on DOFD reset.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When an account has not been CO'd or sent to collections.....there is no DOFD.

Just having lates doesn't set a DOFD.

When the OP settled, the CRTP begin that date.

If the account was already CO'd, sent to collections, etc when settled, then the original DOFD would stand.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moved:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.