Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEMS INCLUDED IN BK

tag
ficorenavator
Regular Contributor

ITEMS INCLUDED IN BK

I RECEIVED MY EQUIFAX AND EXPERIAN CREDIT RPTS AND WANTED TO KNOW IF THE ITEMS I INCLUDED IN MY BK A FEW YEARS AGO CAN BE REMOVED WITH GW LETTERS OR PFD LETTERS?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: ITEMS INCLUDED IN BK

Unfortunately they can not. They will remain for 7 yrs from the filing date. They will automatically fall off.  If it was BK 7 then the BK itself will remain for 10 yrs from the filing date.

Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Items included in BK will fall off according to the individual DoFDs of the accounts, not of the filing date of the BK.  If that was the case many of them would be staying much longer than the date established by the FCRA.

The BK itself will stay 7 to 10 years from the filing date.

Message 3 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

OMG what the hell did I wrote lol.......Im signing off after this. Been on the boards way too long today. 

Guiness you are right!!! I should know this cause I have a BK 7 that falls off March '14

Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

OMG what the hell did I wrote lol.......Im signing off after this. Been on the boards way too long today. 

Guiness you are right!!! I should know this cause I have a BK 7 that falls off March '14

Lol.  Yes that can do it to you.

Message 5 of 8
ficorenavator
Regular Contributor

Thanks, with that being said say my DoFDs was May 2009, when would this item fall off?

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

With a DoFD of May 2009 they will be excluded between May 2016 and Nov 2016.

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DOFD only applies to any charge-off reported by the creditor, or collection reported by a debt collector.

It has no relevance to any other adverse item of information reported to the CRA.  Any judgment or BK for example, is its own adverse item, with an exclusion date that is not based on DOFD.

What are the specific adverse items that are under consideration for credit report exclusion?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.