Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idaho Tax Lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idaho Tax Lien

Hi. I'm a newbie, but I've been following on here for quite some time, and I think i'm getting the hang of it LOL.

Anyway. Trying to clean up my hubbys credit. He had a Tax Lien in 2007 showing as released. I tried GW the state of Idaho and I got this response--

The lien # xxxxx was released Nov. 30, 2007 and recorded as such in the Secretary of State’s Office and Public Records.  The credit reporting companies hire people to search the Public Records for lien information and they are not always quick to update what they find.  The Tax Commission has no contact with any of the credit reporting companies.   Those companies can show information for up to 7 years but after that they should take the lien info off the report.   It is recommended that you obtain a certified lien release letter to keep for your own records and then make copies of it when needed.  If you would like to have a certified lien release letter for your records please provide the last 4 digits of your ssn and I can mail it to you.  Or if you wish, you can come in and pick it up personally.

Well, they've already sent the release letter prior to this GW...so my question is..

Could I take this and do a dispute letter to the CRA's asking specifically for them to report back:

(a) The name of the courthouse;
(b) the person’s name they verified the dispute with;
(c) the address;
(d) the telephone number; and
(e) the documentation used to verify the dispute.

Because the Tax Commission doesn't verify per the response above, wouldn't this be a way to get it removed from CR?

Any advice would be great. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Idaho Tax Lien

bump

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Could I take this and do a dispute letter to the CRA's asking specifically for them to report back:

(a) The name of the courthouse;
(b) the person’s name they verified the dispute with;
(c) the address;
(d) the telephone number; and
(e) the documentation used to verify the dispute.

Because the Tax Commission doesn't verify per the response above, wouldn't this be a way to get it removed from CR?

Any advice would be great. Thank you.

What you are describing is referred to as a method of verification ( MOV ).   You can send the MOV request to the CRA and they are required to respond with the company or contact that provided/verified the lien information on your reports.

The state is correct that they don't report this information to the CRAs ~ third party companies gather it from various sources and sell it to the CRAs.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent thank you for your help!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.