cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Theft reinserted..what law or lawyer?

tag
sandrachicago
New Contributor

Re: Identity Theft reinserted..what law or lawyer?

Good news! Filed complaint with BBB and CFPB and both TransUnion and Equifax deleted negative account. I did attach a copy of police report. Thanks for all your support.

"Enriching others will flow that same energy back to you."
Message 11 of 13
starry1
Valued Contributor

Great work!  I'm glad it worked out for you.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 12 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not sure if you have done so, but blockage from your CR under section 605B is but one aspect of the FCRA identity theft process.

You can also send a copy of the police report tot he creditor, and request all business records in their possession regarding opening and use of the account, and can send a copy to tnay debt collector requiring them to provide all information that you would otherwise be entitled to under any provision of law had you disputed the account.

See FCRA 609(e) and 615(g).  Those provisions permit a mini-discovery right related to addressing the underlying issue of the legitimacy of the debt itself, giving you more than just an "account not mine" assertion.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.