cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity stolen they open bank account. Please Please Help!

tag
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Identity stolen they open bank account. Please Please Help!

I received a collection notice saying that I owed Wells Fargo for an overdrawn checking account that was open in 2012. I know I have never had a checking account with Wells Fargo. I DV the collection company so I could see what was going on. I did notice on my Experian report from April 2013 I had an address in a city showing I have never lived at  in the personal information section that list all your addresses. I received the validation information it have my correct name, birthday,  and social security number. I had my license and social security card stolen when I was 18.  I paid another collection off last month with this company I guess that is how they was able to contact me at my correct addresses. Do anyone how I should approach this?

On the customer Information form it list my correct name, birthday, ssn but show Primary ID Type: Drivers License Primary ID Description: it list a 8 digit number but my state Drivers license it not the number that is listed and my state Drivers license number includes 9 digits

Secondary ID Type; Other , Secondary ID Description: OCS.  (I have know ideal what could have been used for the secondary ID)

Home Phone is a number that I have never seen before 

It not showing up yet on my Experian report I pulled in June 2013.

It not showing up yet on my chex system report the one I pulled from March 2013

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Identity stolen they open bank account. Please Please Help!

You will need to get a police report for identity theft and you can also fill out the FTC fraud affidavit here http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/resources/forms/affidavit.pdf

Send them to the CRA's so they can block the trade line until it is resolved. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 4
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Thanks for your help. I am trying to clean up and repair my credit will this FTA fraud affidavit cause any problems such as me being able to dispute with the Credit agencies and opening secured accounts within the 6 months or so.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@TwoBeFree wrote:

Thanks for your help. I am trying to clean up and repair my credit will this FTA fraud affidavit cause any problems such as me being able to dispute with the Credit agencies and opening secured accounts within the 6 months or so.

You don't want to dispute with the CRAs.  Once you fill out the FTC form and a police report, send it to the CRAs and ask them to block the account. 

Theft doesn't need to be proven.

I would also send the forms to the OC and ask for any and all documentation about that account.

You can still open new accounts with no problem.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.