Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity theft

tag
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Identity theft

Sent a police report and letter and copy of report to all 3 CB's, (two weeks ago)Ex and TU blocked the trade line and sent a letter immeditely verifying the fraud alert I also asked for when I reported the TL as ID theft. All good. Ex on the other hand did not block as req'd by law and when I called them last night I informed him by law they have 4 days to block as requested in my letter , they say they have 30 days to investigate first and fifteen to respond. I said " THIS IS NOT A DISPUTE!" This is I'd theft and you are req'd........ So on and so on. Got nowhere . Woke up this morning to a dispute placed on myfico eq report for the TL in question. Can someone help me with a letter to fax them today? Or what to do? I have faxed the original letter three times with police report. OH! Almost forgot the best part!!!! On phone last night they also said they have 30 days to "verify" the police report. That's when I hung up....ridiculous.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
annakathleen75
New Contributor

Re: Identity theft

argh. I get those two  mixed up all the time. Equifax did not block and that was who I had phone conv. with. Experian did and all is good with them so far.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.