Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I do not pay my Home Security bills?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I do not pay my Home Security bills?

Hi all,

Need advise.  My 3 year contract with Vector security expired in May 30,2009.  The same month I was diagnosed with cancer and have been in and out of hospital.  I have been wanting to call and cancel my contract but was not able to do it on time. 

The contract reads"The agreement shall automatically without action by either party, renew under the same terms and conditions for successive periods equal tot he initial period unless either party gives to the other at lease 30 days written notice, prior to expiration date, of intention to terminate this agreement upon any expiration date or,in the event this renewal provision is not effective far any reason what so ever, this agreement shall automatically renew from month to month unless either party gives to other 30 days written notice to terminate at the expiration of any such term"

I called them and told them to cancel my contract and the agent on phone said it is automatically renewed for 3 more years.  I have mounting hospital bills.  I lost my job last year and with new job make ASK a year and am making ends meet.  I want to stop paying $45/month.  I have a good credit score.  How will this effect me?   What can do?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: If I do not pay my Home Security bills?

Welcome to the forums.  Sorry to hear about your situation.

I would write a letter to the CEO of the company and explain what is going on.  I can not imagine them enforcing the contract under the circumstances.  I would also advise them you do not want your credit messed up over this.

For the moment, do not quit paying. Even one missed payment can tank your score.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.