cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I pay OSI Collections, will it improve my FICO score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I pay OSI Collections, will it improve my FICO score?

I have three old parking tickets that are currently with OSI. They were all last reported in 2005. I am responsible for the debt, just never paid it. I am wondering what my course of action should be here. If I pay OSI, will they mark the collection accounts as "closed," and would that improve my score? Ideally, I'd like to just call them and take care of it that way. Is that possible, or advisable?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If I pay OSI Collections, will it improve my FICO score?

gcetcet wrote:
I have three old parking tickets that are currently with OSI. They were all last reported in 2005. I am responsible for the debt, just never paid it. I am wondering what my course of action should be here. If I pay OSI, will they mark the collection accounts as "closed," and would that improve my score? Ideally, I'd like to just call them and take care of it that way. Is that possible, or advisable?

Paying a CA will not help your score unless it is deleted. A $0 balance closed CA is just as bad as a $10,000 open balance CA.

Even if you are 100% certain it is yours, I'd recommend DVing them and then offer a PFD for the balance due.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.