Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I pay the OC, do I still owe the CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I pay the OC, do I still owe the CA?

I'm confused about this.  If I pay the OC who is reporting a charge off, will they or can they recall the CA who they sold the account to, so that I'm not paying the same debt twice?  Is it normal for them to recall the CA when they receive the money for the charged off account, or is it a GW on their part?  I'm wondering if I have 8 charge offs and 8 collections to pay or just the 8 charge offs.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: If I pay the OC, do I still owe the CA?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused about this.  If I pay the OC who is reporting a charge off, will they or can they recall the CA who they sold the account to, so that I'm not paying the same debt twice?  Is it normal for them to recall the CA when they receive the money for the charged off account, or is it a GW on their part?  I'm wondering if I have 8 charge offs and 8 collections to pay or just the 8 charge offs.

No you dont pay both. If you pay the OC you need to get them to recall the collector before you pay or it will just update to a paid collection.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.