cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I pay third party will baddie be removed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I pay third party will baddie be removed?

I have a medical bill for about 3,000 (due to interest) the OC is not on my CR just the Third Party. I am willing to pay for a settled amount. The question is...If I settle will they still remove it? I have paid third parties in full before and the listing came off my CR entirely....But this would be settled. I have not spoken to them or even broached the subject of settling but there's no way I am paying all that interest and they are nearing the SOL of they better sue (which they probably won't but ya never know) or settle. But if I do settle that thing better get removed. No, not account "Settled for less than agreed" or any of that, I want it GONE. 

Currently I am disputing it. We'll see what happens. But I'd almost rather pay 50% or more off and just make them go away, not that they're hounding me or anything. 

I want to contact them and discuss settling which I am sure they would (at the end of the day they just want their money) but I don't wanna get lied to....Do they have the power as a third party to remove a settled account if the OC is not on there?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: If I pay third party will baddie be removed?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a medical bill for about 3,000 (due to interest) the OC is not on my CR just the Third Party. I am willing to pay for a settled amount. The question is...If I settle will they still remove it? I have paid third parties in full before and the listing came off my CR entirely....But this would be settled. I have not spoken to them or even broached the subject of settling but there's no way I am paying all that interest and they are nearing the SOL of they better sue (which they probably won't but ya never know) or settle. But if I do settle that thing better get removed. No, not account "Settled for less than agreed" or any of that, I want it GONE. 

Currently I am disputing it. We'll see what happens. But I'd almost rather pay 50% or more off and just make them go away, not that they're hounding me or anything. 

I want to contact them and discuss settling which I am sure they would (at the end of the day they just want their money) but I don't wanna get lied to....Do they have the power as a third party to remove a settled account if the OC is not on there?

The only person that has the ability to remove an account is the one who is providing the information.

So, if the OC is NOT reporting, and the CA is... the CA is who is responsible for their own listing...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.