Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If ONE CRA deletes, must the OTHERS???

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

If ONE CRA deletes, must the OTHERS???

MIRACULOUSLY, TransUnion deleted EVERY single negative student loan from my credit profile!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I had disputed three erroneous/duplicate accounts which I knew would have a positive impact on my credit rating once they were removed, but this is a MUCH BETTER and EXTREMELY UNEXPECTED outcome!!!  Smiley Happy

In addition, I was JUST approved for a Walmart credit card which started reporting to the CRAs this week, and I opened an Open Sky Secured Visa credit card which I was told is supposed to report to all three bureaus tonight @ midnight!

I will be paying for updated copies of all three FICO scores and reports, either this weekend or early next week, to check for the improvement.

QUESTION:

Since TU deleted all of the negative trade lines, is it possible to have them deleted from Equifax and Experian as well?  If so, does anyone know how best I should go about doing this?  

As always, any helpful information is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Re: If ONE CRA deletes, must the OTHERS???

Congrats!  

I don't know about all the other two following suit and maybe someone else with more experience will chime in, but I imagne that they should since they are all

suppose to follow the FCRA....

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 2 of 16
eric19k
Established Contributor

Hello. Unfortunately not. You have to dispute with each CB. Sometimes tradeline falls off all 3 CBs but it happens when decision is made by reporter to delete from all 3.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 16
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@alienfico wrote:

Congrats!  

I don't know about all the other two following suit and maybe someone else with more experience will chime in, but I imagne that they should since they are all

suppose to follow the FCRA....

Thank you.  I can only hope... Time to do some more research!

Message 4 of 16
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@eric19k wrote:
Hello. Unfortunately not. You have to dispute with each CB. Sometimes tradeline falls off all 3 CBs but it happens when decision is made by reporter to delete from all 3.

Thanks for your response.  I have sent disputes to all three CRAs, but only TU deleted.  When you say reporter are you referring to the Creditor?

Message 5 of 16
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@ERoosky99 wrote:

MIRACULOUSLY, TransUnion deleted EVERY single negative student loan from my credit profile!!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I had disputed three erroneous/duplicate accounts which I knew would have a positive impact on my credit rating once they were removed, but this is a MUCH BETTER and EXTREMELY UNEXPECTED outcome!!!  Smiley Happy

@Anonymous addition, I was JUST approved for a Walmart credit card which started reporting to the CRAs this week, and I opened an Open Sky Secured Visa credit card which I was told is supposed to report to all three bureaus tonight @ midnight!

I will be paying for updated copies of all three FICO scores and reports, either this weekend or early next week, to check for the improvement.

QUESTION:

Since TU deleted all of the negative trade lines, is it possible to have them deleted from Equifax and Experian as well?  If so, does anyone know how best I should go about doing this?  

As always, any helpful information is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

UPDATE:

I decided to try out the new 3 bureau credit monitoring that MyFICO is offering, so I received a score update today.  I applied for another line of credit with Capital One a few days ago...  I submitted documents confirming my identity since I placed an initial fraud alert with all of the CRAs.  I am still awaiting the decision, but as a result of the application my scores dropped 4 points with each of the bureaus from the hard pull.  I really hope that I get the new credit card and that the inquiries weren't done in vain!  Also, I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard and Walmart Credit Card; these two only pulled from TransUnion, so I went from having only one inquiry to four on my TU which sucks!  My score would have increased from 645 to approximately 666 (instead of 654).

Message 6 of 16
kjel
Established Contributor

After I finished rehabbing my student loans and the new servicer started reporting, I disputed with all three bureaus in an attempt to get them removed on the basis that the loans were rehabilitated and the new loan servicer had the same origination date as the ones with the derogatory history which made it look like I had twice the amount of loans. All three CRAs delated the defaulted TLs.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, were you approved for the Barclays and Wal Mart cards?

Message 8 of 16
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@kjel wrote:

After I finished rehabbing my student loans and the new servicer started reporting, I disputed with all three bureaus in an attempt to get them removed on the basis that the loans were rehabilitated and the new loan servicer had the same origination date as the ones with the derogatory history which made it look like I had twice the amount of loans. All three CRAs delated the defaulted TLs.

That's AWESOME!  I'm going to see if I can work that angle with EQ and EX.

Message 9 of 16
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of curiosity, were you approved for the Barclays and Wal Mart cards?

Walmart yes, Barclays said no on the basis that when I applied I only had 1 CapOne card at the time (and for only 3 months).  Now I have 2 cap ones, 1 open sky, 1 WM.  Barclays only pulled my TU and since I had a ton of crap removed recently, a score increase, and the addition of 3 more TL I am sending them an updated copy of my TU report along with a reconsideration letter.  Doesn't hurt to try; I feel good about it.  If they still refuse I will wait a few months and reapply.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.