Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a company agrees to remove account

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

If a company agrees to remove account

If a company agrees to remove their tradeline from your report, but says it can take 45-60 days to update,  can I just email their agreement to the CRA to have the account removed quicker?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Re: If a company agrees to remove account

bump...

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately no, they wont remove unless the reporting agency tells them to. I just went through this, I was at a point where I was sure the collection agency had lied to me about deleting but it did eventually come off. They told me 30 days but really it didnt take that long, it was about three weeks.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the "agreement" you send to the CRA is deletion in exchange for payment, and the publixhed CRA policy is that furnishers should not delete in exchange for payment, then you would be asking the CRA to act contrary to their own policy.......

Message 4 of 7
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If the "agreement" you send to the CRA is deletion in exchange for payment, and the publixhed CRA policy is that furnishers should not delete in exchange for payment, then you would be asking the CRA to act contrary to their own policy.......

It's not a deletion in exchange for payment.   It was for equipment and I returned to the company (2 separate accounts), so the company recalled it from collection.  The company's exact wording is:

We only show 2 paid accounts from 2014 for that name and address.  It appears they were returned late but since they were all equipment return credits and in the interest of compromise, we will send for removal of the entries.  Please allow 4-6 weeks for the removal to show.

and 

The other account [from 2012] is under a different last name.  It was recalled by Comcast and will also be sent for removal by us from the credit bureau..

Both accounts were mine - I just had a name change between the 2, hence the different last name.

Message 5 of 7
seruby
Frequent Contributor

So I just got another update from the CA:

"The account has been updated and the account requested to be deleted off your credit report. Please take note that it will be approximately 30-60 days for the credit bureau to update your file. All updates are sent to Experian electronically on the tenth of each month."

So instead of waiting til the 10th, can I just use this and ask Experian to remove the accounts now?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@seruby wrote:

So I just got another update from the CA:

"The account has been updated and the account requested to be deleted off your credit report. Please take note that it will be approximately 30-60 days for the credit bureau to update your file. All updates are sent to Experian electronically on the tenth of each month."

So instead of waiting til the 10th, can I just use this and ask Experian to remove the accounts now?

My guess is that wouldn't work.  Experian will probably want to wait until they hear word from the reporting agency. 

Now in 60 days, if the account still isn't removed, at that point, this letter would be useful to dispute.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.