Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If my EX report shows Sept 2020,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If my EX report shows Sept 2020,

If EX report shows this medical collection to fall of Sept 2020, can I assume the actual date of service is early to mid 2013?    any way It could be Dec 2013? The reason I'm asking is because I asked for proof that my hubby went to ER (which is what collections is for--its for the ER physician's fees) directly from the hospital and the only thing in 2013 was an ER visit in Dec 2013.  Nothing for anything else that year. I tried contacting the CA directly, but nothing to prove that its his--they sent a very general letter. I also tried contacting the OC billing department (its a hugh hospital that is based in like Timbuktu or something ) but no answer yet.    ( The original "proof" of his visits that I received was actually facesheets from the medical records dept of the hospital.)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If my EX report shows Sept 2020,

On his face sheet, did it show diagnosis or medical treatment that he recieved?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it only has the diagnosis codes.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull your EQ report from annualcreditreport.com and it should show the actual reported DoFD rather than an estimated removal date. TU and EX only show esimated removal dates.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The estimted exclusion date is usually 7 years from the reported DOFD.  The CRAs build in their own early exclusion of approx 6 months.

Thus, the DOFD should be approx. 09/2013.

If service was billed as due in full within 30 days of service, then the date of the medical service was likely 08/2013.

That is about a four month difference from the recollected treatment date of 12/2013.

It is a few months off, but again, estimated exclusion dates are not cast in anything solid.

The debt collector is not required to "prove" the actual date, only to investigate and verify that they confirm the validity.

Does the "letter" seem to jive with recollection?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The estimted exclusion date is usually 7 years from the reported DOFD.  The CRAs build in their own early exclusion of approx 6 months.

Thus, the DOFD should be approx. 09/2013.

If service was billed as due in full within 30 days of service, then the date of the medical service was likely 08/2013.

That is about a four month difference from the recollected treatment date of 12/2013.

It is a few months off, but again, estimated exclusion dates are not cast in anything solid.

The debt collector is not required to "prove" the actual date, only to investigate and verify that they confirm the validity.

Does the "letter" seem to jive with recollection?

Except that in dealing with teh CRA's trying to get EE's on a couple of items EX & EQ both told me that they automatically build in a 3mth cushion. So a Sept. 2020 date would tend to indicate a Dec. 2013 initiation of the debt.

Just my opinion. Trying to be helpful.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.