cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If one CR deletes something, do all others follow?

tag
ori68
New Contributor

If one CR deletes something, do all others follow?

I had an error/dispute and TU removed the account from my CR. Do I have to also dispute with EX and EQ, or will they follow TU on there own?

Discover FICO 759(04/15)
Barclaycard FICO 763 (04/15)
Citi FICO 736 (04/15)
BOA Experian 744 (05/15)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: If one CR deletes something, do all others follow?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: If one CR deletes something, do all others follow?

If in the dispute process with one CRA, the furnisher finds the information to either be unverifiable or needing correction, it is not sufficient for them to merely report that result to the CRA that is handling the dispute.  They are required to also report that same result to all other CRAs to which they have also reported the disputed information.

See FCRA 623(b)(1)(D). 

The intent of that requirement is to avoid the need for the consumer to independently file the same dispute with each CRA.

The CRAs dont report results to each other,the burden is placed on the furnisher of the disputed information to notice the other CRAs as necessary to maintain the accuracy of their reporting.

If that is your situation, then call the furnisher of the inforation and remind them of their obligation to also report to the other CRAs.

If an informal call does not work, then send the furnisher a direct dispute based on their lack of compliance with FCRA 623(b)(1)(D).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.