cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you appear in court and defend yourself but loose......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you appear in court and defend yourself but loose......

When you defend yourself in court against a CA and loose, is that the same as a default judgement? i.e...will it hurt your credit as much as a default? What appears on your CR If you do loose and are ordered to pay the debt, what are the odds that the CA or the judge will agree to a payment plan... Also, I know about 99/100 who get summons never show us and thus loose by default. But of those who do defend themselves, and idea of how many actually win??
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you appear in court and defend yourself but loose......

babalaco wrote:
When you defend yourself in court against a CA and loose, is that the same as a default judgement? i.e...will it hurt your credit as much as a default? What appears on your CR If you do loose and are ordered to pay the debt, what are the odds that the CA or the judge will agree to a payment plan... Also, I know about 99/100 who get summons never show us and thus loose by default. But of those who do defend themselves, and idea of how many actually win??

I have no experience with judgments or other public records.

However, I am pretty sure that having a public record is what affects your score, I don't know that one public record is worse or better than another type of public record.

As for how many ppl who represent themselves and win.........that would depend on the situation, everyone's is different.

Do you have a good defense, such as past SOL, not your account, etc?

Sometimes a judge will give you X amount of days to pay in full before actually awarding the judgment.

If you are being sued and thinking of representing yourself, I'd do lots of reading unless you have a solid defense.

In any case, make sure you answer the summons and good luck. Keep us informed.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.