cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you are rebuilding with Cap1 and have a QS check this out...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are rebuilding with Cap1 and have a QS check this out...

I checked in with Cap1 on 2 cards I have just to see if there were any upgrades waiting. The following is when I asked about a QuickSilver card I have, not a QuickSilverOne.

Maybe some of you knew this, I didn't. I thought having a QuickSilver meant I was entitled to all the rewards that go with it. Apparently there are different tiers of QuickSilver. And, I am not talking QuickSilver vs. QuickSilverOne. I am talking QuickSilver vs. QuickSilver... Please see my chat with Cap1 below:

Customer validated successfully

Grant
10:14 PM
Thank you for verifying that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.

Grant
10:16 PM
Thank you for waiting. I've reviewed your account ending in XXXX and see that you do have an option to upgrade your account ending in XXXX to Quicksilver where you will earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase posting to your account.

You

That card is already a quicksilver though

Grant
10:17 PM
Yes, currently you will earn 1.5% cash back on net purchases (purchases minus any credits or returns) only.

You

oh

You
10:18 PM

same card number if I upgrade the XXXX?

Grant
Yes, your account number will remain the same. You will receive a new card from Capital One in the mail. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If you are rebuilding with Cap1 and have a QS check this out...

@Anonymous wrote:

I checked in with Cap1 on 2 cards I have just to see if there were any upgrades waiting. The following is when I asked about a QuickSilver card I have, not a QuickSilverOne.

Maybe some of you knew this, I didn't. I thought having a QuickSilver meant I was entitled to all the rewards that go with it. Apparently there are different tiers of QuickSilver. And, I am not talking QuickSilver vs. QuickSilverOne. I am talking QuickSilver vs. QuickSilver... Please see my chat with Cap1 below:

Grant
Thank you for verifying that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.

Grant
Thank you for waiting. I've reviewed your account ending in XXXX and see that you do have an option to upgrade your account ending in XXXX to Quicksilver where you will earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase posting to your account.

You

Grant
Yes, currently you will earn 1.5% cash back on net purchases (purchases minus any credits or returns) only.

You

oh

You

Grant
Yes, your account number will remain the same. You will receive a new card from Capital One in the mail. 

I'm missing something here.... Whats the diff?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Grant

Grant

You

Grant

You

oh

You

Grant

I'm missing something here.... Whats the diff?

Let's say in June I spend $1000, thus I earn $15.00.  In July I spend $2000 but return the $1000 purchase from the prior month. My rewards earnings would be based on $1000, not the $2000 purchase. Now going forward, I would not be penialized for the return against my current purchases when calculating the rewards earned. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Norman,

I had an upgrade pending on my QS1 card that I wasn't sure on. They offered me the V1 or Net purchase QS card. I just did a chat and double checked and asked that question, along with having some fun Smiley Happy. Please see below:

Allen

05:33 PM

You should see some verification questions expand from the right side of your chat window. Please enter the requested information and click Validate.

Visitor-

05:33 PM

You

05:34 PM

Can you transfer me to the folks that do upgrades

You

05:35 PM

I have one pending but have aquestion

Allen

05:35 PM

Allen

05:37 PM

Chris, may I know what type of upgrade you are referring to, so I can direct you to the right department.

You

QS1 to a QS

You

Unless you see something else there for me Smiley Happy

Allen

Thank you.

You

05:38 PM

Maybe you have Centurion version of a card I am unaware of...? lol

Allen

05:38 PM

We're excited to hear you are interested in upgrading your existing account to the Quicksilver card. You will receive 1.5% Cash Back on all net purchases and there is No Annual Membership Fee.

Allen

05:39 PM

Would you like to upgrade?

You

Only net, not the full Monty? You can't press a special button?

You

(yes, I would like to upgrade...)

Allen

Excellent choice, Chris!!

Allen

05:40 PM

Thank you for your patience. At this time, I would need to transfer you to an agent who would be more than happy to assist you with your request. Please bear with me for just a moment.

You

I can keep using my current card until the other one shows up, right?

Allen

Yes, you are correct!

Allen

You can still use the current card until the new credit card comes in mail.

You

I travel a lot. So if it sits for a week or two at home not activated, that is OK

You

Right?

Allen

05:41 PM

Yes, you are correct!!

You

Perfect.

You

I upgraded my other card yesterday and forgot to ask that.

You

Thanks

Allen

You're welcome!!

Allen

Please remain with me while I complete this procedure.

You are now connected to Ronnie

Ronnie

05:42 PM

Hello Chris.

You

Hi Ronnie!

Ronnie

Wonderful to have you on chat today!

Ronnie

05:43 PM

I understand that you want to upgrade your account to cash back Quicksilver card. I'll be happy to upgrade your account today.

You

I hear you have a 3% QuickGold card for me

Ronnie

Chris, I'm sorry but, Quicksilver card which earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all the purchases with no annual fee is the best cash back rewards card we have at this time.

You

05:44 PM

That will work fine.

Ronnie

05:44 PM

The good news is that this upgrade will not effect your credit score and your account history with us will also remain the same.

Ronnie

05:45 PM

Before we proceed for upgrade I would like to share the offer disclosure to you. Would that be okay?

You

It's like Christmas in August!

You

Please do, I enjoy reading those!

Ronnie

Thank you. Please review the below disclosure for upgrade.

Ronnie

We will change your existing account, ending in (xxxx) to the Quicksilver Rewards Card. The Quicksilver Rewards Card has no annual fee. The other terms of your existing account will remain the same. Promotional APRs and Rewards Bonus offers for new accounts do not apply.

Starting today, you can earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase posting to your account. It may take up to 2-3 business days for this change to be reflected online.

A new Quicksilver Rewards Card, with the same account number, will be mailed to you within 7-10 business days. Because your card may have a new expiration date and security number, you should update your card information for any automatic payments you have set up on your existing card.

Ronnie

05:46 PM

Please let me know once you are ready, I'll be happy to proceed for upgrade.

You

05:46 PM

So, if I return product that I had purchased the month before I will not earn a reward on the amount that is credited to my account, correct?

You

05:47 PM

Unlike the other options available (above this tier).

Ronnie

Yes, rewards which is already earned on the account will be deducted if the purchase or item is returned and receive a refund on the account from the merchant.

You

I approve this upgrade!

Ronnie

05:48 PM

Thank you for the confirmation.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL those people have no sense of humor at all.  All your little side chatter failed.  Had me laugh a few times though Smiley Happy  Congrats!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice. Well done.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Norman posted what is the difference I don't know of any credit card that will pay rewards on charges that are reversed, I have a QS and my terms of service state that on any reversed charges the rewards will be deducted from my total.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
As Norman posted what is the difference I don't know of any credit card that will pay rewards on charges that are reversed, I have a QS and my terms of service state that on any reversed charges the rewards will be deducted from my total.

+1

Of course it can ONLY be on net purchases......b/c a returned purchase is no longer a 'purchase'?

This is simple MATH...you can't get cash-BACK from a reversed transaction, an erased, never happened transaction.....

If these were the case ppl would be moronic not to buy and buy and buy, then return items just to make MONEY, there could be no other

way but for net, with regard to simple accounting. They may use unfortunate wording that causes confusion but this is a simple accounting

balancing of debits and credits....it simply can't exist any other way....

it's like saying a couple means TWO....it just doesn't require further definition....if you return an item it can't by simple definition count as a purchase and if it weren't purchased how can one earn a cash-back for a transaction that de facto didn't happen.

Again if that were the case I'd buy 10k worth of ish every other day make $150 in cash-back and rotate the returns....it CAN NOT BE, PERIOD!

Trust me it's cash-BACK....it can't be BACK from a non-purchase (which again is exactly what a reversed transaction is) and again TRUST me if the companies were DUMB enough to do something so idiotic ppl like me would have them realize in about 15 minutes how big o a dumb as mistake that wold be, cause I'm telling you it would be a JOB just buying ish for returns if cash-back cards were PAYING $150 per 10k in RETURNS duh?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Of course it can ONLY be on net purchases......b/c a returned purchase is no longer a 'purchase'?

This is simple MATH...you can't get cash-BACK from a reversed transaction, an erased, never happened transaction.....

If these were the case ppl would be moronic not to buy and buy and buy, then return items just to make MONEY, there could be no other

way but for net, with regard to simple accounting. They may use unfortunate wording that causes confusion but this is a simple accounting

balancing of debits and credits....it simply can't exist any other way....

it's like saying a couple means TWO....it just doesn't require further definition....if you return an item it can't by simple definition count as a purchase and if it weren't purchased how can one earn a cash-back for a transaction that de facto didn't happen.

Again if that were the case I'd buy 10k worth of ish every other day make $150 in cash-back and rotate the returns....it CAN NOT BE, PERIOD!

Trust me it's cash-BACK....it can't be BACK from a non-purchase (which again is exactly what a reversed transaction is) and again TRUST me if the companies were DUMB enough to do something so idiotic ppl like me would have them realize in about 15 minutes how big o a dumb as mistake that wold be, cause I'm telling you it would be a JOB just buying ish for returns if cash-back cards were PAYING $150 per 10k in RETURNS duh?

Gemini,

I'll be testing this out. I'll report back. My you have a lot of pent up aggression. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention, this is actually common in many other areas of business. Anyone who is familiar with payment terms regard manufactures understands there is a cash discount when you pay a vendor within a specified time window. Say 2%prox10. When you have goods, say 60 days later, that you return to vendor, you are returning these goods for full cost that you paid per invoice (not less the cash discount).  This example would be a hardware store purchasing light bulbs. Please note, that retailers pay a higher percent on a transaction fee depending on the type of card used. So, in this case Cap1 actually charges the retailer who you shopped a larger transaction fee when using a rewards card vs. a non-rewards card. Trust me, I know... 

As you can see, I was simply sharing what was shared with me... 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.