cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have a Lien Release Letter from a Foreclosure what should I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a Lien Release Letter from a Foreclosure what should I do?

My friend went thru a bad divorce last year and her house foreclosed. Its with Citi and it is on her credit reports as a foreclosure however she recieved a letter from Citi stating that the loan was paid in full ( bought on the courthouse steps via auction) . So the new buyers paid cash for the house however she recieved this letter. What would be my best bet to try and get this off her credit? I was going to just write a letter and attach the letter to all 3 bureaus. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: If you have a Lien Release Letter from a Foreclosure what should I do?

Who filed the lien on the property, and what was the basis of the lien (e.g., unpaid taxes, a second trust, a judgment lien)?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a foreclosure from Citi Bank and Citi Auctioned it off. She recieved this letter from Citi when the new owners paid the loan .. There was a $150k deficiet ... however the letter says the loan has been paid in full.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its still a valid FC and that isnt going to change even with it PIF. A GW letter asking for removal is whats needed.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then the reporting is apparently of a foreclosure, not a lien and its release........

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.