Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illinois Tollway Collections

tag
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

Re: Illinois Tollway Collections

That's great news! I'm hoping I get the same result!

Starting Score: EQ 558 TU 534 EX 527
Current Score: EQ 642 TU 636
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 58
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

I'm also hoping I can get this taken care of with a simple phone call.

Message 42 of 58
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

So the phone call didn't work. I guess I'll take the GW approach.

Message 43 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Still waiting on something in the mail from the Tollway... Smiley Sad I'm too impatient for this.

Message 44 of 58
MarcoMP3
New Contributor

Please keep us updated! I called Arnold Harris to see if they would be willing to delete. They said they'll review my account and give me a call back. Still waiting.. Thinking of just sending a GW email or letter.

Message 45 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@MarcoMP3 wrote:
Please keep us updated! I called Arnold Harris to see if they would be willing to delete. They said they'll review my account and give me a call back. Still waiting.. Thinking of just sending a GW email or letter.

I wish mine was with Arnold Harris! Seems to be a lot easier to deal with. I'm giving it one more day to receive something from the Tollway and if I haven't received anything yet I am going to call them again because I was supposed to receive something in writing and tomorrow will be a week since I called.

Message 46 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update.....I disputed my tollway collection that was posted on my Trans Union report as "Arnold Harris."  I disputed it directly with Arnold Harris after calling them to verify that they show I do not owe anything.  They are the ones who actually directed me to dispute it directly with the credit agency, as they didn't even see an account for me.  Took less than 48 hours and the collection was removed from my report!

Message 47 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update.....I disputed my tollway collection that was posted on my Trans Union report as "Arnold Harris."  I disputed it directly with Arnold Harris after calling them to verify that they show I do not owe anything.  They are the ones who actually directed me to dispute it directly with the credit agency, as they didn't even see an account for me.  Took less than 48 hours and the collection was removed from my report!

I think I may try calling NCO tomorrow and verify my account. Maybe they won't find anything and will delete it right away.

Message 48 of 58
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

I decided to directly dispute to the CRAs because I received a letter from the Tollway confirming my payments to them and I called NCO and their office closes before I get off work and I'm impatient.

Experian: DELETED all five.

TransUnion:still waiting on results. I've heard they are not the easiest to dispute with, but I sent my letter and proof of documentation yesterday to TransUnion (and Experian) so hopefully that will speed the process up.

It's not being reported on equifax.

SO SO SO happy Smiley Happy Goodbye, NCO!

Message 49 of 58
jacquelinemay9
New Contributor

I had a similar situation. My I-pass account had an expired CC listed for the replenishment. I had moved, but not yet updated my address so I wasn't receiving the notices. I pulled my credit report and noticed there was a collections under Arnold Scott Harris. I immediately called (thinking it was for a parking ticket and I didn't want the boot!!) and they told me it was for I-pass. I explained that I have an active I-pass account and they directed me to call I-pass. I called them and paid the original toll values instead of the $466 they were trying to charge me. Since I paid the OC instead of the CA I disputed the Arnold Scott Harris and it was deleted from my TU and EQ reports (it didn't show up on EX). It seems they are willing to work with you if you currently have an account in good standing. Just my experience.

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.